Hendil is the resident alchemist for the town of Phaer on Auridon. He is currently acting as a healer, with the assistance of Amuur, to combat the deadly plague enveloping the town. His son, Tancano, was its first victim. He owns a house in town.
- Plague of Phaer: Help distribute the treatment for a terrible disease.
- The First Patient: Help discover the source of a terrible disease.
Plague of Phaer
When you first approach Hendil in the makeshift hospital, he is clearly very weary: "Here about the plague? It's really catching on."
- What?: "Sorry, sorry. This is about my fourth day without sleep. Are you feeling well? Can I help you?"
- I'm fine. How long has this plague been going on?: "Uh, not long. My son was its first victim, bless his heart. I'm not really a healer. Just the town alchemist. But I couldn't just sit by and watch people suffer."
- How do you treat something like this?: "Salloweed aloe. It seems to hold back the illness for a time. I apply it to my patients as soon as they show symptoms. If their condition worsens, though. we put them in quarantine."
- Is there anything I can do to help?: "Actually. we just ran out at salloweed. A big patch grows just outside of town. Will you gather some? Amuur's already got the next batch of salve prepped. Just need the sap to get back to work."
- Happy to help.: "Salloweed's pretty potent stuff. Gathering it should be safe enough. As long as you don't eat it, you'll be fine. I think."
You can further question him about the quarantine he spoke of:
- You mentioned a quarantine? Where is that?: "Phaer used to be a mining town. The workings are still down there. After folks started to get sick, we wanted to keep the worst away from the uninfected. So we put them in quarantine down below."
- You just abandoned them to die?: "No, not at all. Amuur and I go down regularly to care for them. We set up a contract with the mercenaries to keep everyone safe. This'll all turn out fine in the end."
After you have collected the salloweed, Hendil will be gladdened by your return: "Ah, you're back. Good. Sorry, just trying to stay on my feet."
- I've got some salloweed for you.: "Wonderful. I'll have Amuur make up another batch of aloe straight away. I hope it wasn't any trouble for you?"
- Some people were wandering the fields. They looked diseased and attacked me.: "Oh. They did? That's unfortunate. Very unfortunate."
- Hendil? What's wrong?: "Hmm? I'm sorry. My mind is drifting. Very tired. Some of the local farmworkers must have been touched by the plague. I'll send Amuur and some of the mercenaries to treat them. Thank you for telling me."
- Is there anything else I can do to help?: "Yes, actually. If you could pass out the aloe to some of the villagers, I'll be able to send Amuur to treat those farmhands straight away. New patients popping up every day."
- Who should I talk to?: "Let's see, have my list here. Nelulin, who should be out fixing the sheds about now. Eryeril, no doubt hiding in his home. And Aninwe. She owns this farm, probably just outside the barn here. Those are the next victims on the list."
- I'll pass out the aloe, then.
As you return from distributing the salve, there is some disturbance at the entrance to the quarantined mine, as Heldil shouts, "Bring the reserves! And seal the exits. We must be cautious." When you speak to him, he will try to reassure you: "Everything's going to be fine. We're just very worried about the poor victims in the mine. Does everyone have their salve?"
- I spoke to all three of them. Are they ill?: "In some cases I'm taking a preventative stance. Hopefully that will stop the spread of the disease. The gods thank you. As do I."
The First Patient
After pursing Hendil through the catacombs, he finally reaches a dead end at the door to his son's chamber. He is desperate for you to leave: "Please, go away. I'm just trying to protect my son."
- What are you talking about? What's going on here?: "Tancano, my son. He's sick. I've been trying to hide it. But everything's gone wrong."
- What's wrong with all of these people?: "My son. He feeds off of them. Then he bends them to his will. They become his thralls. I've been bringing people down here since he first got sick. Once I find the cure, I can set everything right!"
- This is just wrong.: "I just want my son back! Not this monster. Please, don't hurt him. I can still make this right. I can still—"
He is then interrupted by his son, who welcomes "the new blood" into his lair. After the battle, Hendil will be distraught: "Oh, my son! I can't believe it. After everything I did to protect him..."
- To protect him? What about all these people?: "I don't know. They were under Tancano—the monster's—control. I don't know what will happen now that he's gone. All we can do is hope."
- You need to answer for what you've done here.: "I understand. I don't … I don't deserve freedom. Report me to Netanwe. She can take me in. I can't face all those families. Can I wait here?"
- How do I know you won't run?: "I won't run. I'll— Tie me up. I'll wait for her to come for me."
|Este artigo relacionado a Online é um rascunho. Você pode ajudar .|