|1st||Weakness to Fire|
Frost Salts are dropped by frost atronachs.
47 guaranteed samples can be found in 33 different locations. Locations with multiple samples are:
- 4 frost atronachs can be found in and around the Chill (Winterhold's prison). It is far northeast of Winterhold. Can also be found by committing a crime in Winterhold.
- 3 in Grave Concoctions (Falkreath)
- 3 in Mistveil Keep (Riften)
- 2 in Calixto's House of Curiosities (Windhelm)
- 2 in the Hall of Attainment (College of Winterhold)
- 2 in the Hall of Countenance (College of Winterhold)
- 2 in Harmugstahl (The Reach)
- 2 in Honeyside (Riften)
- 2 in Knifepoint Mine (Falkreath Hold)
- 2 in the Palace of the Kings Upstairs (Windhelm)
- 2 in Proudspire Manor (Solitude)
- 2 in Vlindrel Hall (Markarth)
- 2 in the White Hall (Dawnstar)
- 2 in Valerica's StudyDG (Castle Volkihar)
It is categorized as a rare ingredient, meaning that most apothecary merchants have a 21% chance of carrying 1-4 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found only in rare-type apothecary's satchels. Other possible locations for already-harvested samples include:
- Dravynea's Frost Salts: Find some frost salts for Dravynea the Stoneweaver.
- 1 sample is needed for this quest.
- Salt for Arcadia: Farengar asks you to deliver some frost salts to Arcadia.
- During this quest, you are asked to deliver Farengar's frost salts. They are the same item with a different name.
- Frost salts are needed at the Atronach Forge to create various frost atronach-related items, namely: a hostile frost atronach, a Scroll of Conjure Frost Atronach, a Staff of the Frost Atronach, or a Spell Tome: Conjure Frost Atronach.
- (DG) Once certain schematics are discovered during the Ancient Technology quest, one pinch of Frost salts is required for crafting a lot of ten of the Exploding Steel Bolt of Ice as well as for creating a lot of ten of the Exploding Dwarven Bolt of Ice at the Gunmar's Forge.