|Home City||New Sheoth Bliss|
|Store||Books of Bliss|
|Available||8am-8pm every day|
|Faction(s)||Mania; Bliss Citizen; Books of Bliss (faction)|
Sontaire is an Altmer bookseller living in Bliss, New Sheoth. She owns Books of Bliss, the only bookstore in the Isles. She seems to be quite the seductress: talking to her when playing a male character causes her to flirt; however, if playing a female she will instead comment that she doesn't like "competition". To see exactly how "seductive" she is, investigate her bedroom on the second floor of her shop: around her bed are chains and shackles.
Bizarre bed habits aside, Sontaire's everyday life reflects that of a typical merchant and she only allows herself very little spare time. She sleeps in the private quarters above the main trading room every night between 10pm and 6am and always starts the day with a two-hour breakfast seated at the small dinner table near her beloved bed. She heads downstairs at 8am, unlocks the door and positions herself behind the counter, ready for another day of hard work. After twelve hours, she closes up shop and heads upstairs, where she eats a two-hour dinner before her bedtime at 10pm.
Sontaire is one of only two people who wear light green regalia, the other being Orinthal. She carries around the shop key, a randomly chosen book, and a considerable amount of gold. She knows the standard leveled Healer spells.
If you are male, she will be overly flirtatious and seductive: "Hmmm... how do you do? I'd say, very well from the look of things. I'm Sontaire, spend one night with me and I'll remind you why they say 'love hurts'." On subsequent meetings, she will say: "So, how'd you like to get together later and leaf through my octavo?" If you are female, she will say: "New around here? Well, we can start off by getting one thing straight. The men around here are mine. You want fresh pickings, go out and scrounge up some leftovers in a settlement or something." Approach her again and she will warn you: "I don't like competition. Just stay away from the menfolk, and we'll get along just fine." In both cases, however, she will finish conversation with the words: "Gotta go, got things to see and people to do."
The only bookstore in the Isles is a popular conversation topic; when asked for rumors or during private conversations, the residents will say: "Books of Bliss has quite a selection." and "If it's books you're looking for, it's the only place to go." However, the lustful owner has built up quite a bit of reputation herself: "Sontaire may sell a lot of books, but that's not why the men visit her." to which others will respond: "I've heard rumors about her." Halion also wrote a couple of poems based on the store and its owner: "If you're hungry to read a lustful story, find Sontaire at Books of Bliss and check her inventory." and "They say books aren't all Sontaire will sell, but I'm not one to kiss and tell."
At different stages in the Main Quest, Sontaire will share different rumors with other NPCs:
- "So, a newcomer may arrive in the Isles? I hope it's a guy and I hope he's cute. It's slim pickings around here."
- "Ohhh, the big strong adventurer killed the Gatekeeper. How interesting."
- "The only thing I know that resonates around here are the sounds from my bedchambers."
- "Why would Thadon need a stupid Chalice when he could simply have me as a refreshment?"
- "Syl torturing her own staff? Kinky."
- "I would bet my life that the Great Torch isn't nearly as hot as I can get any man."
- "So, the mighty Syl has fallen. Well then, that's one less woman to worry about... more men for me!"
- "Poor Thadon, he was such a handsome man... I enjoyed our midnight meetings. I hope the new ruler of Mania is ready for me."
- "The Fringe attacked? This may be our last day alive. Let's make the most of it."
- "Yes, I know the Gatekeeper is back, but so what? He's missing the best parts, so what's the point?"
- "Army, eh? Ohhhh... that means it's time to play 'interrogate the innocent female prisoner' again! Great."
- "Sheogorath gone? I'd check the bedchambers of every maiden in town... you'll find Him eventually."
- "Now that this is all over, I feel like celebrating. Care to take a number?"
- If she dies, Sontaire's body will be taken to the New Sheoth Graveyard with a tombstone bearing the inscription, "Finally, Sontaire sleeps alone."