Os Altmer, ou como chamam a si mesmos, "Povo Culto", são uma raça de pessoas altas, de pele dourada, que vêm das Ilhas dos Semprestio. São conhecidos por Altos Elfos pelos habitantes de Tamriel. No Império, "Alto" é normalmente entendido como ser orgulhoso ou esnobe, pois como os Altmer geralmente personificam essas características, e as "raças inferiores" guardam ressentimentos por eles. Os Altmer vivem duas ou três vezes mais que humanos; um Altmer de 200 anos é velho, e um de 300 anos é muito, muito velho. Os Altmer se consideram a cultura mais civilizada de Tamriel; o idioma comum do continente é baseado na escrita e discurso dos Altmer, e muitas das artes, artesanato, leis, e ciências do Império são derivados de tradições Altmer. Eles normalmente têm olhos dourados, verdes ou castanhos.
Os Altmer são a raça mais dotada nas artes arcanas, e eles são muito resistentes a doenças. Entretanto, são um tanto vulneráveis a magicka, fogo, gelo, e choque, o que os faz fracos contra o ponto mais forte deles mesmos - a magia. Eles estão entre as raças mais inteligentes e que vivem mais em Tamriel, e normalmente se tornam poderosos usuários de magia devido a afinidade mágica e aos vários anos devotados aos estudos da magia.
For more information, see the main lore article.
A list of all the Altmer in Cyrodiil can be found here.
- High Elf Enhanced Magicka ability (FormID
00047ADC): Fortify Magicka 100 points on Self, constant
- High Elf Disease Resistance ability (FormID
00047AD7): Resist Disease 75% on Self, constant
- High Elf Elemental Weakness ability (FormID
00014D52): Weakness to Fire, Frost & Shock 25% on Self, constant
Also known as "Altmer" in their homeland of Summerset Isle, the High Elves are the most strongly gifted in the arcane arts of all the races. However, they are also somewhat vulnerable to fire, frost and shock.
High Elves are the best choice for a pure Mage character, with +10 bonuses to Destruction, Alteration and Mysticism; the maximum Magicka in the game is obtained by playing an Altmer with the Atronach birthsign. Due to their weakness to Fire, Frost and Shock damage, however, an Altmer mage should beware of other Mages. They are most powerful against non-magic-using characters, utilizing their more proficient magical skills to outsmart and confound their opponents.
An Altmer can be successful in nonviolent roles, as they profit off creating spells, selling goods in the market, and making and selling potions, all of which are strongly enhanced by the Altmer's innate magical talents. High Elves are the principal academic, professional mages, who may reside in the Imperial Arcane University, studying books on magic, enchanting weapons, binding souls and selling scrolls to the mundane inhabitants of the Imperial City. They dress in robes and form a large part of the Imperial Mages Guild. Most Altmer NPCs in Cyrodiil are notably wealthy and learned.
Enemy Altmer will most frequently be encountered as Conjurers (including Conjurer Adepts) and Necromancers (including Necromancer Adepts) in Cyrodiil, as well as Heretics, Zealots, and Priests of Order in the Shivering Isles. All Marauder Battlemages are also high elves. Among vampires, the Witchhunters and Sorcerers are Altmer, including Sorcerer Vampire Matriarchs and Patriarchs. All of these Altmer mages usually dress in robes (sometimes enchanted) rather than armor, and attack with lightweight weapons (daggers, shortswords, or maces) or fire staves at their opponents.
- "Something on your mind, goldenrod?" (if disposition is between 20 and 30)
- "Greetings, High Elf" (if disposition is 30+)
- "Greetings, fellow Altmer." (if disposition is 30+ and if the NPC is also an Altmer)
- Friendly Greetings (if disposition is 70+)
- "Welcome! If you wish to talk, it is really no trouble at all."
- "How delightful! Welcome."
- "An honor to be sure."
- "You're in good company, friend. Welcome."
- "You seem quite intriguing. Please, share your thoughts."
- Normal Greetings (if disposition is between 30 and 70)
- "Greetings. What exactly do you require of me?"
- "I see you. Hello."
- "All right then, I'm listening."
- "Any time now."
- "Ah, how quaint. How do you do?"
- Brusque Greetings (if disposition is under 30)
- "Identify yourself."
- "Is it necessary that you speak with ME?"
- "Ask a commoner."
- "You creatures are all the same."
- "This is an unwelcome surprise."
- In combat
- "You're a traitor to your own race!" (If the combatant is also an elf)
- "You're outmatched, Elf!" (if the combatant is not an elf)
- "You Elves are all the same! All flash and no fury!" (if the combatant is not an elf)
- "Puny Elf! I'll pick my teeth with your spine!" (if the combatant is an Orc)
Reactions affect the base disposition of NPCs towards you depending on your relative races.
- Altmer +5
- Argonians -10
- Bosmer -5
- Bretons -5
- Dunmer -10
- Imperials -5
- Khajiit -10
- Redguards -5