Oblivion:Weynon Priory (quest)
- Take Martin to Weynon Priory.
- Kill the red robed assassins.
- Run to the chapel and help Jauffre kill the assassins inside.
- Go with Jauffre and check on the amulet.
- Escort Jauffre and Martin to Cloud Ruler Temple.
Red Robed Agents
After closing the Oblivion Gate in Kvatch, you are to take Martin to Weynon Priory. If you haven't brought Martin with you, Jauffre will ride to wherever Martin is located after finding out the Amulet is missing.
Upon arrival, Eronor will run to greet you with some bad news: Mythic Dawn agents are attacking the priory. If you attack the Agents before Eronor has a chance to speak to you, it will count as an assault - this is difficult to do, however, since Eronor is already outside, waiting for you to arrive and is scripted to come to you even if you are invisible. In the name of the late Prior Maborel, you must kill these assassins with the help of Brother Piner. After they're dead, you'll find that Jauffre has his hands full killing more agents in the chapel. Head over there and help him finish them off.
Cloud Ruler Temple
After you help Jauffre kill off the assassins, he will want to check on the Amulet of Kings. As he suspected, the amulet has been taken and will need to be recovered. Jauffre suggests taking Martin to Cloud Ruler Temple, a safe haven for the Blades located to the northwest of Bruma. When you arrive, follow Martin as he is welcomed and hailed by the Blades as Emperor Martin Septim, Dragon Born. After Martin gives a speech to the soldiers, he speaks with you about the importance of recovering the Amulet of Kings.
Joining the Blades
Jauffre will offer you membership into the Blades. If you accept you will be given an Akaviri Katana and you will have access to all the beds, books, armor, and weapons inside the temple. After you make a decision about membership, Jauffre will give you your next quest.
It is not necessary to join the Blades in order to continue with the main quest, nor is this your only chance. If you later change your mind, you can just talk to Jauffre again and choose the topic "Join the Blades" — as long as Jauffre is still alive (he can die during The Defense of Bruma or Light the Dragonfires, at which point it becomes impossible to join the Blades) and his disposition towards you is 40 or higher.
Cloud Ruler Temple is not the only place made available if you join the Blades. As a chapter-house of the Order of Talos, you will be granted free access to Weynon Priory if you join.
- This quest can be combined with The Killing Field. Start the quest but don't meet the Odiil brothers until you bring Martin to the Priory. The brothers will help with the agents outside the priory. You can thank them by taking Martin and Jauffre to their farm for some goblin disposal.
- Jauffre and Martin will continue to follow you across Cyrodiil until you take them to Cloud Ruler Temple, so you might want to make use of them in completing other quests beforehand. Be wary when entering towns however, as Mythic Dawn Agents will attack your group on sight.
- If you want a black robe (a rare, weightless item of clothing), Prior Maborel's corpse has one.
- If Jauffre dies during the battle with the assassins, the game ends with the message "You have failed. Jauffre has been slain. All hope is now lost.", and you will have to reload from a previous save.
- If you leave Martin too far behind while escorting him to the Priory, he may instantly mount a Weynon Priory Horse to catch up, even though you haven't reached Weynon Priory yet.
A number of odd things may occur during the 'Escort Martin to Cloud Ruler Temple' part of the quest:
- Jauffre may get stuck below the temple and no script will be triggered (if you fast travel and stop before getting there, for example). It may be possible to push Jauffre to the entrance to go on with the main quest. This may also happen if you are under the effects of Chameleon or Invisibility. In this case, taking off items of Chameleon-enchanted clothing will fix the problem.
- If you are attacked while Jauffre is following you, he sometimes fails to remount his horse after attack and will cease to follow. Make sure he is mounted and following before you take off. This can be accomplished by telling Martin to wait and immediately telling him to follow.
- If you tell Martin or Jauffre to "wait" after triggering this part of the quest and then leave them at the Priory, it may be difficult to locate them again when you want to resume the quest. In this case, check Chorrol (inside the north gate when you enter the town) or alternatively check inside the nearest town at the place where you told them to "wait". If you tell them to wait after you accept Prior Maborel's horse as assistance, they will be waiting in the Weynon Priory stables, on their own horses. If left behind, Jauffre may simply vanish. His horse may turn up at Cloud Ruler Temple without him. Arriving at the temple then fast traveling to some other place then back to the temple often remedies these problems though you may have to fast travel several times to various locations.
- Eronor might not to run up to you and start the dialogue. This causes a number of issues, and seems to occur when you approach the Priory from the 'wrong' angle (i.e. from Chorrol). Fast traveling there guarantees that you start in the correct location.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
|Weynon Priory (MQ04)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|5||(Initializes the attack on Weynon Priory; opens the secret door; kills Prior Maborel)|
|7||(Player approaches Weynon Priory and triggers the attack)|
|10||Weynon Priory is under attack! I must find and protect Jauffre, but make sure that Martin remains safe from the enemy as well.|
|15||(Set when the player speaks to Brother Piner)|
|20||I found Jauffre. The attackers have stolen the Amulet of Kings from its hiding place in Weynon House. At least Martin is safe. (If the player has found the secret room) or
I found Jauffre. He believes the attackers may have taken the Amulet of Kings from its hiding place in Weynon House. I should go and see if it is still safe. (If the player hasn't found the room yet)
|25||The enemy has stolen the Amulet of Kings from its hiding place in Weynon Priory. I should let Jauffre know at once. (Only appears if the player hadn't previously found the secret room and went to check the amulet after stage 20)|
|27||(Set when Jauffre reaches secret room)|
|30||We agreed that we must find someplace safe to take Martin. Jauffre suggested Cloud Ruler Temple, the hidden Blades fortress near Bruma. I should escort Martin and Jauffre there immediately.|
|35||(Arrive at Cloud Ruler Temple)|
|36||(Set by results when gate conversation is over)|
|40||(Martin up steps to Blades)|
|41||(Martin reaches position at front of Blades.)|
|42||(Blades hail Martin as Emperor)|
|43||(Martin starts speech)|
|44||(Jauffre dismisses Blades)|
|45||(Blades scene finished. Martin waits to greet player)|
|50||I brought Martin and Jauffre safely to Cloud Ruler Temple.|
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage MQ04 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: Breaking the Siege of Kvatch||Up: Main Quest||Next: The Path of Dawn|