Lore:Spear of Bitter Mercy
According to Reachmen myth, the Daedric Prince Hircine was said to wield the Spear when he took on the aspect of Alrabeg the Hunter. Other legends speak of a Nord hunter named Thane Icehammer, who unknowingly killed several were-creatures while on a hunt. Angered by this, Hircine thrust the Spear into Icehammer's side, where upon the tip broke off and remained lodged inside him. Slowly, the magic of Hircine's Spear corrupted Icehammer's mind and he became bitter and angry. This eventually resulted in him murdering an acolyte of Kyne in a fit of rage, and fleeing to an ancient burial vault near Cragwallow, where upon he was sealed within as punishment.
Over time, the Spear resurfaced and according to some legends it was used by a mighty hero during the fall of the Battlespire. The hero was aided by the Spear in the defeat of Mehrunes Dagon and the recapturing of the Battlespire. Since that time, the Spear of Bitter Mercy has made few appearances within Tamriel. It was last reported to be in the hands of the Nerevarine, who received it as a reward from Sheogorath in 3E 427. The Nerevarine sold it to Torasa Aram, who put it on display in the Mournhold Museum of Artifacts.
- For game-specific information, see the Morrowind article.
- Chimere's Notes about the Armor of the Savior's Hide de Chimere Graegyn
- The Posting of the Hunt — A document announcing a ritualistic hunting of a mortal by Daedra
- Tal Marog Ker's Researches de Tal Marog Ker — On the exploits and studies of Chimere Graegyn
- Oral Traditions of the Reachmen, Number 5 — Juno Procillus, Academy of Chorrol
- Legend of Thane Icehammer
- Tamrielic Lore — Yagrum Bagarn
- Events of Morrowind
- Events of Tribunal
|x32px||Este artigo relacionado a Lore é um rascunho. Você pode ajudar .|