|# Plants||279 (Plus 122 empty)|
- "Bittergreen is a red flowering plant with modest magical properties. It grows in the Red Mountain region."
Bittergreen Petals are a plant which grow abundantly in the West Gash region, and in lesser quantities in the Ashlands and Red Mountain regions. Contrary to the description, neither the plant nor its flowers are noticeably red in color. It usually appears as a thicket of several vines, which can contain from 0-3 petals. Some vines never contain petals. The thickets will often be found surrounding a pod-like center. This pod has one interesting quirk. Unlike most plants, it is a usable container. Only weightless items can be stored in a bittergreen pod, since it lacks storage capacity.
A special variety of Treated Bittergreen Petals is involved in Mephala's Quest. It has the same effects but in a different order.
Bittergreen Petals are one of only two ingredients in vanilla Morrowind which can be used to create Invisibility potions, the other ingredient being Diamond. Both the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansion adds one other ingredient with an Invisibility effect.
The following vendors keep a restocking supply of Bittergreen Petals:
- Bildren Areleth (10) - Bildren's Store, Tel Aruhn
- Cocistian Quaspus (10) - Buckmoth Legion Fort
- Scelian Plebo (10) - Imperial Cult Shrine, Wolverine Hall, Sadrith Mora
- Telis Salvani (5) - Balmora Temple, Balmora
- Threvul Serethi (10) - Thervul Serethi's Store, Sadrith Mora
- Vaval Selas (5) - Temple, Vivec, St. Olms Canton
- Ygfa (5) - Fort Pelagiad
- Zanmulk Sammalamus (10) - Gnisis Temple, Gnisis
Greatest number of (non-empty) plants: