- On this level you learn more about what happened as well as the politics of the Daedra. You must find the Meht entry sigil and the piece of the voidguide to continue. This level contains quite a few good magical items, Scamps, Vermai, Dremora, and many powerful Spider Daedra.
- You arrive from Level 1 at Point A.
- Make your way to Point E, click on the coffin against the wall to reveal a level/switch. This opens a door behind you.
- Enter this secret room and talk to the Spider Daedra Yorn. Kill him (he's quite powerful) and get the Meht entry sigil.
- Go down into the pit at Point D and activate the lever using the password "bell tower". A book of riddles and answers can be found at Point C. The lever creates a bridge above you.
- Cross the bridge and move onto Point J. Activate the lever on the southeast wall (it does either 34 or 1/2 of your total health of damage, so heal up first). Take the voidguide piece from the secret closet which opens in the north wall.
- Take the voidguide piece to the little Daedra at Point K. After some conversation she should give you a Zyr entry sigil. Enter the door behind her with the password "horse".
- Enter the teleporter to move on to Level 2a.
You make your trip aboard the Star Galley without incident from Level 1. As soon as you enter Level 2 of Battlespire you suddenly realize the way back has been cut-off...you appear to be marooned here, at least for the moment. You take a quick look around and notice a body and scroll nearby. The scroll contains some very useful information from your friend, Vatasha.
- Bad News:
- Wizards and guards dead with no prisoners found.
- Daedra everywhere.
- Scamps are weak, but sneaky pack fighters.
- Vermai are stupid and very tough.
- Paxti Bittor is the traitor.
- Daedra may have some codes and keywords.
- Many inaccessible rooms.
- Teleports don't work.
- Floating symbols are magic sigils, and deadly!
- Good News:
- Boss daedra is named Sumeer and has a mass teleportation artifact.
- Vatasha is sticking close to Sumeer and will try escape.
- Command and security are sloppy possibly due to politics.
- Teleporter to north near tiger rug has a password which may be nearby.
- Find out how daedra got here. Bittor was master of teleportation and voidgates.
- Search for codes and keys and clues and weapons.
- Search for more clues from Vatasha
You also find some healing magics nearby left by her...hopefully she's surviving a little better than you. As you adventure around you find that monsters are carrying four different sigils, Zyr, Meht, Web and Roht.
You find a magical door here which is bound to the riddle:
- Some live in me, some live on,
- And some shave me to stride upon.
- I rarely leave my native land.
- Until my death I always stand.
- High and low I may be found
- Both above and under ground.
Having all but failed the riddle course back at the academy you attempt a few guesses before stopping, fearing that there maybe a protection device worked into the door as well. Fortunately you find a book of riddles nearby (Point C) which gives you the answer to this riddle ("Tree") as well as a few others...a wonderful find. The password successfully opens the door and you find an item recharging device inside. You can't quite make out how it works from a scroll nearby, but not having any good magical item to recharge, you pocket the scroll for later use.
You come across a large pit-structure with a door on the other side. You contemplate jumping but you know you would never make it. On a more careful inspection you find a small lever in the pit, unfortunately along with several Vermai. The level is also protected with a riddle:
- I rise above the roofs below
- Finger up-raised to heaven.
- I speak in clear tones
- That aim for others
- To gather where I call.
Whipping out your book of riddles you found at Point C, you find the answer to be a "Bell Tower". Now pulling the lever you find that it creates a bridge across the pit to the door.
In your travels you come across a coffin lying up against the wall. On closer inspection you notice some sort of device just behind it. You touch the coffin and activate some sort of spell, moving the coffin to the side, revealing a button. You cautiously press the button to reveal a secret entrance on the opposite wall.
Through the secret chamber you found at Point E, you find a Spider Daedra. After some futile conversation you find that he appears to know the location of one of the void guide pieces. After a little convincing (the hard kind) you manage to find a Meht sigil of entry among his possessions. You find later that this was a powerful daedra named Yorn.
You come across yet another door bound by a riddle:
- Armor bright
- Gleaming white
- A single rank
- Their faces blank
- Now hid by night
- Now bold by light
- Bright red the land
- Where soldiers stand
Looking in your trusty riddle guide you found at Point C, you find the answer to be "teeth".
You come across a large room with two healing crystals and a female daedra, by the name of Zenaida Nacarra, staring at you from above. She doesn't appear to be menacing to you (yet, at least) so approach for more conversation. You'll learn that Yorn has a Meht sigil of entry (Point G) that you need to find one of the voidguide pieces (Point J). Further attempts at conversation don't go so well. She accuses you of being the wanted Vatasha Trenelle. When you try to explain that you aren't, she threatens to summon her 'minions' to have you destroyed and disappears. No minions appear and you're left alone. A further search of this room yields several quality magical weapons.
Note: When Zenaida Nacarra accuses you of being the wanted Vatasha Trenelle, respond with "If somehow I were to escape, who knows what kinds of mis-fortunates might befall your enemies?". She will respond with "An amusing idea. Very well. Poor Rishaal has "lost" one of her sigil amulets. I wonder how you got hold of it? This is a mystery isn't it? Now go far away and annoy me again." and give you the Roht entry sigil to be used at point M.
You find another corpse of a Battlemage here, along with a scroll seeking vengeance. Nearby you find various magical items, once possessions of the mage.
Here you find a Meht warding sigil. Using the entry sigil found at Point G you pass through without getting hurt. Inside you find a Dremora who gives you some Meht sigils once you give an 'oath' to serve him. Unfortunately he attacks anyway and you are forced to defend yourself. Quickly glancing over the room you notice a lever on a wall. You pull it and get hit with a powerful defense spell which practically kills you. You make a mental note to be more careful around levers next time. The lever opens a wall to the north revealing a piece of the voidguide!
You come across a strange sight here: a small girl, you'd guess around 10 years in age. Her name is Rishaal Tamir and she is quite human except for her skin color which is very orange. Talking to her you find she is looking for a lost piece of the voidguide which appears to be needed to operate some sort of device. She says she will reward you 'well' if you return it to her. In Level 2a you find that further pieces of the voidguide were taken and hidden in various places by Scamps. You also notice that the door behind her is protected by a riddle once again:
- Loadbearer, Warrior
- Spirited, Brave
- Fleet-foot, Ironshod
- Faithful One, Slave
with the answer being "horse" as found in the riddle book at Point C. Inside you find a teleport pad protected by a Zyr warding sigil. You give the little Daedra the voidguide piece you found at Point J and you are rewarded with a Zyr sigil of entry, allowing you to pass through the teleporter behind her and into the 'secret' parts, as she calls them. You can pass through, the teleportation brings you to Level 2a.
Using the Zyr entry sigil you received at Point K, you enter this room to find a decent stash of magical items. You also find a lever hidden behind some boxes on the west wall which reveals another switch in the floor when activated. This switch opens a secret door on the east wall. This room also has a healing crystal.
This room is protected with a Roht warding sigil which you can obtain from Zenaida Nacarra at Point H. The chests and bags in this room merely contain some random loot.
Total number found in level 2 and level 2a:
- 18x Dremora
- 30x Scamp
- 22x Spider Daedra
- 30x Vermai
- Scroll near the entrance on this level is visible but irretrievable.
- Rarely, Spider Daedra at Point F may become unreachable. Save before approaching him.
|Prev: The Weir Gate||Up: Quests||Next: Caitiff 2a|