|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Travel to Anga's Mill.
- Kill Ennodius Papius.
- Report back to Nazir.
Simply travel to Anga's Mill and walk to the camp just up the road from the mill to the west. Kill Ennodius Papius, who is staying at the camp. He is far away enough to not attract any attention from patrolling guards or lumberjacks at the mill. During the day he is usually found around the water or his campfire; at night he'll be asleep in the tent. He will panic and flee on attack, but will not go far. Any incurred bounty while attacking him will revert on his death.
Alternatively, like most other assassination targets, you have the option to talk to Ennodius which gives you three dialogue choices, all of which will either turn Ennodius hostile (allowing you to kill him without fear of incurring a bounty) or run away in fear if your level is high enough.
|"You were right to be paranoid, Ennodius."
||"What? What do you mean? Oh! Oh... no... No!"
||Turns hostile and attacks or runs away
||"Who are you? You... you're with the Dark Brotherhood, ain'tcha? I knew it. I knew you'd come for me!"
Return to the sanctuary and speak with Nazir, who will comment, "How went your meeting with Ennodius Papius? Did you prove his paranoia legitimate?" and rewards you with leveled gold.
- The target does not spawn prior to acquiring this quest. Completing this quest has no repercussions on other quests.
- There is a skeleton floating face down in the water behind his tent, a bit to the west, with a small amount of gold. Continuing west to the cliff, there is a quicksilver ingot under the water, and at the end, a locked strongbox in some debris under the cliff edge.
- The kill on Ennodius Papius may not register at all, with the quest marker still pointing to his corpse. This will cause progress in the Dark Brotherhood quest lines to stall out.
- Ennodius Papius may not spawn at all, with the quest marker pointing to his empty tent. ?
- If you kill Ennodius Papius while he is sleeping, he may fall through the floor out of the world. ?
|Contract: Kill Ennodius Papius (DBSideContract02)
||I must kill the ex-miller Ennodius Papius, at Anga's Mill. I may use any means at my disposal. When I am done, I am to report back to Nazir at the Sanctuary and collect my reward.
Objective 10: Kill Ennodius Papius
Objective 20: Report back to Nazir
||Ennodius Papius is dead, and I have collected my reward from Nazir at the Sanctuary.
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 255.