- Talk to Arch-Mage Traven about the missing artifacts.
- Travel to Fort Teleman and fight through the necromancers to Irlav Jarol.
- Recover the Bloodworm Helm and return it to Traven.
Discord in the Council
Talk to Arch-Mage Traven two days after the last Mages Guild quest. He will tell you about how the council has divided on the issue of how to deal with Mannimarco. As a result, the last two artifacts that were known to belong to the Worm King were taken away from the Imperial City. Caranya has taken the Necromancer's Amulet and Irlav Jarol has taken the Bloodworm Helm. This quest concerns with the latter artifact.
Travel to Fort Teleman (northeast of Leyawiin). You'll find the place full of Necromancers, which is probably not good news for Irlav. Continue on to the Order of the Black Rose area. As soon as you enter the Black Rose area you should find a few Necromancers fighting with a number of Daedra. If you stay hidden they will fight amongst themselves. If they spot you, however, they will all likely try to attack you. This does however, provide a nice opportunity to test the Wizard's Fury spell, obtained from the previous quest. At the end of the Black Rose section you'll find the body of Irlav Jarol with the Bloodworm Helm still on him.
Return to Traven
Swipe the helm, and make your way out of the fort. Return the Bloodworm Helm to Traven to get a rank advance if you have already completed The Necromancer's Amulet quest.
- An achievement will be unlocked upon being promoted to Master-Wizard.
- Entering the fort before the related quest might lead to quest-breaking bugs. The safest course of action is to not enter Fort Teleman before receiving this quest
- Entering Fort Teleman before you receive this quest may cause the second journal entry to not appear when you re-enter Fort Teleman after receiving the quest. It may also cause you quest pointer to point to the exit instead of the location of the Bloodworm Helm.
- Irlav Jarol's body containing the Bloodworm Helm will appear in Fort Teleman after the A Plot Revealed quest is completed, but before Traven gives you this quest. If you loot the Bloodworm Helm from Irlav Jarol's body before you receive this quest, Traven will ask for the Helmet when you return to him with it, but there will be no dialogue option allowing you to give it to him. This will prevent you from advancing any further in the Mages Guild quest line. Also see the bug section on the A Plot Revealed quest page.
|The Bloodworm Helm (MG15Helm)
||I need to travel to Fort Teleman and retrieve the Bloodworm Helm, so that it may be kept safe at the Arcane University.
||I have arrived at Fort Teleman. I need to find Irlav Jarol, who should have the Bloodworm Helm.
||I've recovered the Bloodworm Helm. I need to deliver it to Arch-Mage Traven immediately.
||I have delivered the Bloodworm Helm to Hannibal Traven.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage MG15Helm stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.