Lore:University of Gwylim
The University of Gwylim (also called the University of Gwilym or Gwylim University) is an ancient scholarly organization possibly dating back to the late First Era. The University of Gwylim Press has been responsible for many publications throughout history.
The university is devoted to practical pedagogy, and is known to offer training in the magical school of Illusion. Tjurhane Fyrre, an Ayleid scholar, was one of the finest sages of the university. His book on Ayleidic culture, Nature of Ayleidic Poesy, was published by the university in 2E 12. Other Ayleidic texts were also published by the university, including Ayleid Cities of Valenwood, written by the Esteemed Historian Homfrey in 2E 455.
The wizard and author Gabrielle Benele was once a member of the university before she joined the Mages Guild around the time of the Alliance War. At some point, the university funded a scholarly expedition to the ruins of Skyreach in Craglorn, led by Historian Reginus Buca and Ancientist Verita Numida. The scholar Mederic Vyger was a lecturer at the university and an expert on Nedes who helped the Scaled Court in their study of the Skyreach ruins in 2E 582, although he left the cult after awakening the ancient Celestial creatures in Skyreach Pinnacle and subsequently aided the Soulless One in restoring their wards.
Ancient Tales of the Dwemer, Marobar Sul's infamous eleven volumes of fictional stories about the Dwemer published around 2E 670, was originally presented as a serious, scholarly work based on research in the archives of the University of Gwylim. The stories proved popular, and were accepted as fact. However, scholars later surmised that Marobar Sul was simply a pseudonym for Gor Felim, a prolific writer of the era, and the writings were debunked. The university continued to publish the surviving fragments of Sul's writings, although they were noted as being works of fiction.
Opusculus Lamae Bal ta Mezzamortie, written by the scribe Mabei Aywenil, was first translated and published by the university in either 2E 105 or 3E 105. The university first published Frontier, Conquest, and Accommodation: A Social History of Cyrodiil in either 2E 344 or 3E 344. Doctor Intricatus of Gwylim University was noted for his ethnographic research into the "Primal" style of weapons and armor, worn by goblins and other primitive beastfolk. The Gwylim Praxis is a rare book written by the Aureate Serpent, which details methods of draining magicka from intelligent creatures at the moment of death.
- Proposal: Schools of Magic — Gabrielle Benele, Daggerfall Mages Guild
- Silence — Ganpheril Kimeth
- The Wild Elves — Kier-Jo Chorvak
- Cidades Ayleid da Floresta de Valen — The Esteemed Historian Homfrey at the University of Gwylim, 2E 455
- Skyreach Explorer — Reginus Buca, Historian, University of Gwylim
- Events of ESO
- Collected Essays on Dwemer History and Culture - - Chapter 1 - Marobar Sul and the Trivialization of the Dwemer in Popular Culture — Hasphat Antabolis
- Ancient Tales of the Dwemer, Part I: The Ransom of Zarek — Marobar Sul
- Opusculus Lamae Bal ta Mezzamortie — Mabei Aywenil, Scribe
- Frontier, Conquest, and Accommodation: A Social History of Cyrodiil — University of Gwylim Press, 3E 344
- Racial Motifs 13: Primal — Seif-ij Hidja
- Biblioteca do Crepúsculo: Livros Raros
Nota: as seguintes referências não são encontradas no jogo. Elas são incluídas para providenciar um fundo mais sólido ao artigo, mas podem não refletir lore estabelecida.