- Talk to Mynisera at Castle Daggerfall and get a letter from her.
- Give this letter to Gortwog at his stronghold at Orsinium.
- Find the emperor's letter in Gortwog's Fortress.
- Return the emperor's letter to Mynisera.
While Barenziah and Morgiah can tell you that Gortwog has the Emperor's letter, only Mynisera can make a treaty with the Orc Warlord. Mynisera gives you a letter promising to aid Gortwog in his fight for a free and neutral orc nation -- if he will return the Emperor's letter. Gortwog will respond to your suggestion as follows:
- So, Mynisera seeks to sweet talk me. Bah! Her letter is of no value to me anymore. She may have it. However, my people may not be so lenient toward a (player race) wandering the halls of Orsinium. If you can survive my realm and find the letter, you make take it back to her. I will also consider you to be a worthy (player race).
Gortwog 'allows' you to fight your way through Orsinium to find his letter. The letter is addressed to Mynisera, then-Queen of Daggerfall, and it warns that the Totem of Tiber Septim has been found by Lord Woodborne, a noble of Wayrest. Since the Emperor has little influence over that court, he is asking Mynisera to persuade Lord Woodborne to relinquish the Totem to the Empire. Unfortunately, this letter never got to Mynisera. Instead, it went to Queen Aubk-i. Later on you will learn that the Totem was stolen from Lord Woodborne and is now in the dungeons of Castle Daggerfall. Gee, I wonder how they knew he had it?
Finding the Letter
Upon entering the stronghold, you will find yourself in the main hall, together with Gortwog and three orcs. The warlord will not attack you unless provoked, but the soldier will attack you as soon as he detects you. Go past Gortwog and through the left door at the back of the great hall. Once you open the door the orc shaman will attack you. Follow the hallway up and go through the door. Beware of the various orc warriors and shamans you will encounter along your way. In the bowels of the stronghold you may even encounter some Daedroths.
Follow the hallway further upwards.
Follow the hallway until you come to an intersection, from there go south.
Follow the hallway until you come to a sort of dining-room. Leave the room through the west door.
Go down the hallway and through the door.
Walk down the hallway until you come to a door. Go through it and you will find yourself in a huge chamber with a hollow truncated pyramid.
To proceed further, you must reach the level above the truncated pyramid. If you cannot levitate to the level above by yourself, jump into the fountain in the northeast corner of the chamber, it will teleport you to the platform right above the pyramid. Alternatively, you can take the staircase behind the south door, which will also lead to the upper level.
From the platform go up the west staircase and head south past an intersection until you come to a second intersection and a door. The door will be locked, so open it with either lockpicks, magic or your weapon. Once the door is open, go through it.
Follow this hallway past an intersection, then head south, past a secret door and go through the door at the end of the hallway.
Follow the hallway further south, walk through a short cavern passage and head east. Follow the hallway once again through a short cavern passage, head west than turn north. Go through the door at the end of the hallway.
Walk downwards the hallway and south past an intersection until you reach a second intersection. Head west at this junction and follow the hallway north.
Head west through the door and the textures of the environment will change. Head south at the intersection and follow the hallway until you reach a door, go through that door.
Finally you have found the room where the emperor's letter is hidden. It will be on the pedestal in the middle of the pit. There is a ramp in the northwest corner leading down. When you approach the pedestal, four orc soldiers will come out from the north and the south door, so be prepared for them. Pick up the letter and bring it back to Mynisera at Castle Daggerfall.
- Queen Mynisera,
- I have grave news. The Totem of Tiber Septim has been found. You know what this means. The power behind Tiber Septim could be unleashed upon Tamriel again. Rumor has it that Lord Woodborne, a minor lord of Wayrest, has possession of it. He will doubtless "lose" it soon. You must persuade him to turn it over to you or Lady Brisienna. The court of Wayrest has no love of King Lysandus, but you still have influence there. I am asking you to use it on my behalf.
- Uriel Septim Emperor of Tamriel
If you bring the letter back to Mynisera, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|Daggerfall's associated factions||+7|
|Orsinium's associated factions||+5|
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered)
- The Daggerfall Chronicles refers to this quest as "Orcish Emancipation".
|Prev: The Emperor's Courier and
Morgiah's Wedding or
|Next: Who Gets The Totem and