|Artifact: Dawnguard Rune Hammer (xx011bad)
|Bashing places a rune on a nearby surface; the rune explodes for 50 points of fire damage when enemies come near.
- "A powerful warhammer imbued with magic that places warding runes on the ground to obliterate it's [sic] wielder's foes." — Florentius Baenius
The Dawnguard Rune Hammer is a powerful warhammer received as part of the Lost Relic quest. Its enchantment gives the player the unique defensive ability to create a Fire Rune by bashing with the hammer while aiming at the surface the rune is to be placed upon, however the range at which the rune can be placed is not particularly long.
- Use of the fire rune ability will level your skill in Destruction magic.
- The Dawnguard Rune Hammer is affected by the Destruction perk Rune Master.
- If you drop the hammer from your inventory, it will disappear completely.
- Putting the weapon on any weapon display furniture will also cause it to disappear.
- The hammer does not gain extra damage against vampires.
- The rune may not cast when bashing. ?