|1st||Restore Stamina (0.8×)|
|4th||Damage Magicka Regen|
|Merchant Avail.||None ()|
3 guaranteed samples can be found in 3 different locations:
- Alftand Animonculory (Winterhold)
- High Hrothgar (Whiterun Hold)
- Sinderion's Field Laboratory (Blackreach)
With the Dawnguard add-on 2 more guaranteed samples can be found in 2 different locations:
With the Dragonborn add-on 1 more guaranteed sample can be found in 1 different location:
This ingredient is not in the
VendorItemIngredient category that allows it to be traded by apothecary merchants (see bugs).
Remaining ways to obtain already-harvested bear claws all have relatively low probabilities. The best bets are:
- Peddlers may be randomly encountered in the wilderness (typically being attacked). These peddlers have an 8% chance of carrying 1-3 samples.
- Uncommon- and rare-type apothecary's satchels have a 2% chance of containing one.
- Warlocks and Forsworn have a 0.5% chance of carrying one.
- This ingredient cannot normally be bought from apothecary merchants, even though it should be available according to their merchandise leveled lists. It also cannot be sold to apothecary merchants; it can only be sold to general goods merchants.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.