Online:Dawn of the Exalted Viper
Este artigo é sobre the quest. Para the book, veja Dawn of the Exalted Viper (book).
|Titus Valerius sent word that I should meet him near the observatory in Belkarth. The messenger had few details, but the situation sounds urgent.|
- Talk to Titus Valerius in Belkarth.
- Begin the ritual at the Howling Sepulchers.
- Talk to the Thief.
- Meet the Thief in Loth'Na Caverns.
- Lower the bridge.
- Defeat the Exalted Viper.
- Return to Belkarth, and talk to the Thief.
To start this quest, you must have completed the main story quests in Lower Craglorn. You can see which ones you are yet to complete by looking at the Celestial Investigator achievement. You need to complete The Missing Guardian and all its prerequisite quests to begin this one.
You talk to Titus and agree to take Kelmen Locke's place in the ritual. You need to go to the Howling Sepulchers to meet Titas and the Thief. Once inside the Sepulchers, follow the river to the other side and enter the Sanctum of Farsight.
The Viper, Revealed
Inside, you need to activate the ritual fires. There are six of them, but your group members should be able to help you light them. There's no pattern or order you need to follow; just make sure they all get lit.
- The Thief: "Well done! With the Farsight ritual complete, we can now locate the source of magic from the stone."
- Little Leaf: "Tell me, can you still do the trick with the dead bug? That one's my favorite!"
- Regent Cassipia: "Dear Kelmen is here to stop us, Little Leaf, not to perform tricks for your amusement. He fears the power I wield as the Exalted Viper."
- Kelmen Locke: "This is madness, Cassipia. What were you thinking? No mortal can contain the power of a constellation."
- Cassipia: "You never had any ambition, Kelmen. No vision. When I become the Serpent's equal, with the power of a Celestial at my command, I can make this world a better place."
- Kelmen: "By destroying Belkarth? How does that make the world a better place? Little Leaf, surely you don't support Cassipia's mad dream?"
- Cassipia: "That's enough, you old drunk. Belkarth represents what's wrong with the current age. Once I destroy it, I can finally begin creating a new and better world."
- Kelmen: "No, Cassipia. I won't let you do this!"
- Cassipia: "Not Cassipia, Kelmen. I am the Exalted Viper!"
The Exalted Viper summons a flood of lightning and blue fire, then the vision fades.
Talk to the Thief about what you just saw.
- "The Scaled Court's venomous leader just killed poor Kelmen without remorse or hesitation. But the ritual worked. I know where to find her—Loth'Na Caverns."
You can ask about your work with Little Leaf and Cassipia, if Kelmen is truly dead, and what just happened.
- I met Regent Cassipia and Little Leaf.
- "Indeed? And they still live? Why didn't you destroy them when you had the chance?"
- They needed help. They said they opposed the Serpent and the Scaled Court.
- "Oppose the Serpent? Cassipia wants to replace the Serpent! But what's past is past. Did you notice anything? Did Cassipia collect any unusual components?"
- She collected something from the mantikoras and the armored trolls. And some of the nirncrux.
- "The nirncrux? I fear this Cassipia may have discovered a secret I thought lost with the ancient Nedes. The threat she presents is greater than I had anticipated. We must hurry to Loth'Na Caverns!"
If you choose to ask about Kelmen's death.
- Is Kelmen really dead?
- "He tried to stop Regent Cassipia on his own. She was too powerful for him. I just hope poor Kelmen is finally at peace."
- Why did Kelmen go after Cassipia by himself?
- "I can only speculate. It's obvious they knew each other from Kelmen's time in the Mages Guild. I think he recognized her hand in this and went to convince her to stop her mad plans. Unfortunately, she refused to be swayed."
If you want her to explain the vision.
- I'm not sure I understand what I watched happen.
- "This Regent Cassipia, this leader of the Scaled Court. She plans to somehow gain the powers of a celestial. To make herself the Serpent's equal. She has much to answer for, not the least of which is the murder of Kelmen Locke."
- Gaining the powers of a celestial is bad?
- "For one such as Regent Cassipia, yes. Vey bad. By her own admission, Cassipia plans to remake the world. We cannot allow that to happen."
- Can Cassipia really become the Serpent's equal?
- "Stranger things have happened in the past. As one of the Celestial Guardians, it is my job to oppose the Serpent and his followers. This Cassipia appears to be the worst of them. We must go to Loth'Na Caverns and stop her."
To Loth'Na Caverns
From the entrance to the Sepulchers, head west.
Once inside, you need to make your way to the Thief at the top of the hill on the other side. Fight past the members of the Scaled Court and their snakes. At the top of the hill is a kneeling man named Visskar. You can fight him, or you can choose to sneak past him to talk to the Thief.
The Thief is over to the right. You need to activate four bridge triggers to make a bridge. Cross the magical purple bridge, and enter Skyreach Temple.
The Viper's Defeat
Go all the way up the stairs to the open room.
- The Thief: "Regent Cassipia! You must not continue upon this dangerous path."
- Little Leaf: "No! You don't understand! Leave us alone and everything will be fine."
You face Little Leaf and more members of the Scaled Court. You can attack half of the enemies without the others attacking you. Simply focus on the ones at the front of the room. Defeat Little Leaf, who wields a staff.
The pool of reddish liquid starts to bubble, and Cassipia will enter combat.
- "No! Not Little Leaf! Come back to me, Little Leaf!"
She teleports from the pool to where you defeated Little Leaf, and your entire group is forced to kneel. She summons Little Leaf's spirit and begins to fight you, enraged at her companion's death.
Cassipia uses a two-handed sword and can teleport around the room in a burst of orange light, knocking down everyone in the group. The spirits of the Scaled Court members may also join the fight. The Thief will stay focused on Little Leaf, distracting her and keeping her relatively in the same place. Once Little Leaf dies, Cassipia glows red and the Exalted Viper reveals her true form. It is now possible to block her teleport knockdowns, although she performs them more frequently.
- "I am the Exalted Viper! I shall not be denied my place in the sky! I only sought to make things better..."
Back to Belkarth
The Celestial Thief opens a portal to Belkarth, to the Star Gazer Observatory-the place where all this started. Talk to the Thief in the eastern corner of the Observatory.
- "Regent Cassipia reached for powers that were not hers to acquire."
- We stopped Regent Cassipia from becoming the Exalted Viper.
- "And so we did. Cassipia and Little Leaf's deaths were regrettable, but they were a necessary evil in our efforts to save Craglorn. You have provided another great service to the Guardian Celestials. For that, you have my gratitude."
She gives a box containing a nirnhoned item (the coffer) and some gold. You have also completed the achievement Serpents and Secrets.
|Dawn of the Exalted Viper|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|Este artigo relacionado a Online é um rascunho. Você pode ajudar .|