Oblivion:Greenmead Cave

A UESPWiki – Sua fonte de The Elder Scrolls desde 1995
This page is currently being redesigned for the Oblivion Places Redesign Project (OPRP). The page needs in-game walkthrough(s) to go along with the maps and content lists. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Needs in-game verification. See the OPRP project page for explanation of what needs to be to complete the verification process.
Greenmead Cave
(view on map)
# of Zones 3
Monster Enemies
Important Treasure
1 boss-level Chest
Console Location Code(s)
GreenmeadCaveExterior, GreenmeadCave, GreenmeadCave02, GreenmeadCave03
Great Forest
Northeast of Skingrad, South of the Gold Road
Greenmead Cave

Greenmead Cave is a medium-sized cave northeast of Skingrad containing monsters. It contains three zones: Greenmead Cave, Greenmead Soggy Hollow, and Greenmead Inky Grottos.


  • This cave contains 15 Cairn Bolete plants and 27 Wisp Stalk plants.
  • The third area is home to a Giant Mud Crab, roughly the size of a Land Dreugh. It is the same strength as a normal Mud Crab, but three times larger.


Key to Maps
Map of Greenmead Cave, Exterior

Zone 1: Greenmead Cave

Greenmead Cave

The main route through this zone is to turn left at the first room, then follow the path straight ahead. There are a couple of side-passages left and right that are really worth exploring. The first of those can be found by taking the right doorway in the first room; you'll find a treasure chest and possibly two enemies. The second detour is at an intersection along the main route. The room to the right right contains two treasure chests without a guardian and the hallway at your left goes to two rooms.

If you followed the main route you will end up in the last big room. First you need to go through the chasm, up the hallways, and then across the canyon to proceed to Greenmead Soggy Hollow.


  • 6-12 Monster Enemies (each 80% probability Monster, 20% Rat)


Doors and Gates:

Zone 2: Greenmead Soggy Hollow

Greenmead Soggy Hollow

This zone is really easy to navigate. When you arrive at the first room you have a choice to go left or right. If you go left you will arrive in a small room with a treasure chest and a monster. If you go right and then continue on you will eventually pass all the rooms and treasure chests of this zone. Some parts of it are underwater, but a potion or spell of Water Breathing is not necessary. The door at the end of this route leads you to the Greenmead Inky Grottos.


  • 4-11 Monster Enemies (each 80% probability Monster, 20% Rat)


Doors and Gates:

Zone 3: Greenmead Inky Grottos

Greenmead Inky Grottos
The Giant Mudcrab guarding its nest of treasure and the remains of those who have tried to claim it

The last zone of the cave has more water than the other two zones. You will have to swim to get to some parts of it, though these swims are short and there are enough air pockets to allow for easy passage.

The first room is very large and has a lake at its center. There is a treasure chest in the water. A doorway leads to the end of the cave. The next room is smaller but well-guarded by two adversaries. The last room is guarded by the mighty Giant Mudcrab and another monster or rat. The boss chest is located in this room as well. If you dive in the water you will find a treasure chest. The hallway to the south will lead you back to the first room of this zone.


  • 5 Monster Enemies (each 80% probability Monster, 20% Rat)
  • 3 Mud Crabs (Including the Giant Mudcrab)


Doors and Gates: