|This page is currently being redesigned for the Oblivion Places Redesign Project (OPRP). The page needs in-game walkthrough(s) to go along with the maps and content lists. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Needs in-game verification. See the OPRP project page for explanation of what needs to be to complete the verification process.
The walkthrough section could use a closer look—some bits are poorly worded and/or difficult to follow.
|# of Zones||1|
|2 Shadowbanish Wine|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Southeast of Bravil, on the southwestern shore of Niben Bay|
Fort Irony is a small fort southeast of Bravil containing goblins (quest-related). It contains only one zone, Fort Irony.
- A Venerable Vintage: Nerussa would like you to collect six bottles of a rare wine for her.
- The Forlorn Watchman: Lay to rest the spirit of a former sailor.
- Late at night, the Forlorn Watchman makes his way to Fort Irony, seeking the view it affords, east across the bay to the site of his death.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 24, -15
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Irony (editor name FortIronyMapMarker). The entrance door is NE of the marker, 90 feet away.
- 0-2 Mud Crabs are near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Forest variety) is near the entrance
- 2 Nirnroots are at locations N on map
- 1 Chest at the bottom of a submerged wall (contains gems and two potions; non-respawning) is at C. Two skeletons are on either side of the wall; one next to the chest, one closer to the fort.
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 3 Arrowroot plants, 59 Bergamot plants, 14 Dragon's Tongue plants, 3 Green Stain Cup plants, 1 Mandrake plant, 4 Nightshade plants, and 7 St. Jahn's Wort plants
Zone 1: Fort Irony
As soon as you enter Fort Irony, you will see a corner relatively close. This is a U-turn and after this corner there will be a straight corridor leading to stairs descending to a lower hall. Straight ahead in this hall will be a leveled enemy (probably a Goblin). If you take a right into the hall (instead of going straight ahead), there will be another enemy. There is also a sack in a barrel near the enemy to the right. Going straight ahead to where the leveled enemy is you will find a locked chest containing gold and a sack next to a pile of bones and a small fire. At this point the corridor takes a right turn. Going straight will lead you to a chest containing gold. Before you reach this chest there will be a swinging mace trap that is activated by a pressure plate. Turning right before this chest will lead you through yet another corridor. At this point you can turn left or right.
Turning left will lead you to an encounter with a leveled enemy and you will enter a new room. In this room there is a roasted rat, which when opened will contain three rat meat, a chest, which contains random leveled loot, and a wooden chest which contains the ultra rare Shadowbanish Wine.
To continue through the ruin you must enter through a cave like corridor. The corridor leads to a half-cave, half-fort like room. This room contains two leveled enemies. To continue through the ruin you must proceed through to another fort-like corridor until you reach a square-like hallway. This hallway contains an enemy and a swinging mace trap that is activated by a pressure plate. If you are slow to adventure through this ruin, it is most likely that the enemy will die by walking into the trap. To proceed further through the ruin you must walk through the corridor going down to the left which leads to another U-turn corner with a leveled enemy straight ahead. It is recommended you sneak here because this leveled enemy will spot you and in the room behind it there is another leveled enemy. Straight ahead to the left is a chest containing a leveled potion/poison. In this room there is another roasted rat above a fire. To proceed further you have to go through the corridor on the right which leads you to a hallway in which you can go left or right. Going right will lead you to a leveled enemy and yet another roasted rat above a fire.
Turning left will lead you to the way out which is through yet another corridor. At the end of this corridor is where you had the option to turn right before. Going straight ahead at this point will take you back in a circle. At this point the only way to exit the ruin is to take your first left in which you will travel back to the entrance/exit.
- 1 Wooden Chest containing 2 bottles of Shadowbanish Wine at location W on map (respawns)
- 3 Chests 02 (1 locked)
- 1 Chest 03
- 1 Chest 04
- 2 Pressure Plate triggers at locations D on map
- 2 Swinging Mace traps at C
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at Out) in/out of this zone, leading outside