Oblivion:Fort Empire

A UESPWiki – Sua fonte de The Elder Scrolls desde 1995
Fort Empire
(view on map)
# of Zones 2
(2 boss-level Monsters)
Important Treasure
1 boss-level Chest
Console Location Code(s)
FortEmpireExterior, FortEmpire, FortEmpire02
Northwest of the Imperial City along the Red Ring Road
Fort Empire

Fort Empire is a medium-sized fort northwest of the Imperial City containing monsters. It contains two zones: Fort Empire and Fort Empire Barracks Block.



Key to Maps
Map of Fort Empire, Exterior
  • The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -2, 22
  • This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Empire (editor name FortEmpireMapMarker). The entrance door is ENE of the marker, 70 feet away.
  • 0-2 Monsters are near the entrance
  • 1 Chest 01 is near the entrance (upstairs)
  • The following scrolls can be found near the entrance: 1 Absorb Skill: Blade scroll (Under the stairs). This scroll, along with two bottles of ale and a skull are embedded in the floor and cannot be picked up.

Zone 1: Fort Empire

Fort Empire

This zone is primarily used to get deeper into Fort Empire, where the Boss chest is located. This zone has two doors at its end leading into zone 2 of the Fort (C) and (D). Door (C) involves fighting fewer NPCs, but if you take this path do not forget to go back and collect the items located in the two chests near door (D). Also, The interior of the fort has a rather large number of enemies compared to the amount of treasure found within, so make sure that you find all four of the chests if you intend to fight all the monsters.


  • 0-1 Monster
  • 4-6 Monster Enemies (each 80% probability Monster, 20% Rat)


Doors and Gates:

Zone 2: Fort Empire Barracks Block

Fort Empire Barracks Block

This is the final zone in Fort Empire, and is where the boss chest for the dungeon is located. Neither door (C) or door (D) is inherently the better door to enter this zone from, because either way you will encounter three enemies before you get to the boss chest. However, entering from door (D) provides you with one more easily available minor loot chest than if you had entered from door (C). If you entered from door (C), You can still drop down from the bridge to the boss chest alcove and take both minor loot chests near door (D), and vice versa for the minor loot chest near door (C).


  • 2 boss-level Monsters at locations A on map
  • 3 Monsters


Doors and Gates:

  • There are two doors (at C and D) in/out of this zone, both leading to the zone Fort Empire