(Click on any item for details)
Absorb Skill M points for D seconds
Transfer M points of a given Skill from the target to the spellcaster for a duration of D seconds. On the target, the effect is comparable to Drain Skill; on the spellcaster the effect is comparable to Fortify Skill.
Oddly enough, Absorb Skill works even on creatures who presumably have no skills. For example, casting Absorb Mercantile on a zombie will fortify your mercantile skill.
Internally, all of the various Absorb Skill effects are considered to be the same, so learning Absorb Skill:Athletics, for example, will give you access to all 21 Absorb Skill commands at the Spellmaking Altar.
- Only "On Touch" absorb spells are possible, even at the spellmaking altar.
- Despite the availability of Absorb Skill for custom enchanting on Bows, the range limitation inherent in Absorb effects makes the effect largely useless. The Marksman must be very close for the Absorb effect to apply at all, thereby defeating the purpose of using a Bow at all. The maximum range is currently unknown. There are no patches known which address this issue.
- This effect can be gained for spell making and enchanting via spells only.
- Drain vs Damage vs Absorb: A comparison of these similar effects.
- Restore vs Fortify vs Absorb: A comparison of these similar effects.