|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak with Tarer Braryn in the Office of the Watch in the Hall of Justice.
- Give Trebonius Artorius the gift and receive a potion for the rash.
- Return to Tarer with the potion.
A Rash of Insults
Speak with Tarer Braryn in the Office of the Watch in the Hall of Justice, Temple Canton in Vivec. You'll learn that he recently ran into the Mages Guild Guildmaster, Trebonius Artorius, while drunk and 'mistakenly' called him 'flat-head'. He now has a mysterious rash that just won't go away...coincidence? Not likely. At any rate, Tarer wants someone eloquent with words to have a chat with Trebonius and have him remove the curse.
The Arch-Mage has a Cure...
The Guild of Mages is in the Foreign Quarter Plaza and the Arch-Mage is inside at the bottom of the stairs. Speak with him while you have the copy of Aedra and Daedra that Tarer gave you, and Trebonius will give you a special Cure Disease potion for Tarer and a Levitation potion for you. Return to Tarer to cure him and you'll be rewarded with 100 gold, twice what he promised you.
- If you have previously killed Trebonius, and no longer have the Trebonius Cure Disease from his body, the Ordinator Tarer will have to keep his rash for a while.
- You can keep asking the Arch-Mage Trebonius about the topic and receive additional samples. He will also have a potion on his body if you slay him, whether you activated this quest or not.
- You must have the copy of Aedra and Daedra given to you by Tarer when you speak to Trebonius. While there are many copies of this book to be found, and they are identical except in name and ID, only Tarer's will do. Its ID is
bk_Aedra_Tarer_Unique, and it is clearly marked as "Tarer's Aedra and Daedra".
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|A Rash of Insults (MS_Apologies)
||Tarer Braryn insulted Trebonius Artorius last night and now has a nasty rash. He wants me to go to the Guild of Mages with a gift and his apologies. If I do it, he'll pay me 50 gold.
||I've agreed to deliver the book and Braryn's apologies to Trebonius. He's in the Mages Guild here in Vivec.
||I've decided not to help Tarer Braryn with his problem.
||I delivered the message to Trebonius Artorius. For my efforts he gave me a potion for myself and a potion to take back to Tarer Braryn.
||When I returned with the potion for his rash, Tarer Braryn was so happy he gave me 100 gold instead of the promised 50.
||Tarer Braryn has learned Trebonius is dead, and his rash will be staying around a while.