Daggerfall:An Object Lesson
|Este artigo foi marcado por um Daggerfall Projeto de Redesign colaborador como em necessidade de uma imagem.
Veja Ajuda:Imagens para informações sobre como subir imagens. Por favor remova este template da página quando ela estiver completa.
- Talk to a Merchant or an Innkeeper.
- Travel to the town mentioned by your employer.
- Enter the store, "liberate" the object and drop his note.
- Head back to your employer.
- Receive a letter via courier.
- Choose whether you want to return the magical object to its owner.
- If you choose to return it, travel to the town, mentioned in the letter and return the object.
- If you choose to not return it, travel to your employer and collect your reward.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
This quest is one of several in the random pool of Merchants/Innkeepers quests.
Perhaps you would be the right choice for a little employment I have in mind. A competitor of mine has usurped a contract of mine and has entered into an illegal, or at least immoral trading relationship. I want to correct this situation and send a message to discourage (competitor's name)s further encroachments. This may mean that someone will have to crush a few skulls. Would (random gold) gold pieces entice you into this employment?
The merchant/innkeeper goes on:
Great. (competitor's name) has a store in (town) called (store's name) and in it is a (magical item) that I want you liberate. And, on your way out, please drop this note off anywhere in the store. I can't resist. (competitor's name) is going to passing that (magical item) to a more secure location in (time limit) days, so you'll need to move swiftly. If you're not back in that time, your gold will be forfeit. And do I even need to add that (store's name) will be guarded? Probably not. Good luck.
The merchant/innkeeper answers:
(exclamation), scruples make me rash.
Head to the specified town and enter the store during its open hours. Sometimes there may be also some guards in the store, so take care of them first. Find the magical item, which will be somewhere in the store, lying on the floor. Pick it up and drop the note instead. Head back to the town where your employer is waiting. Up to thirty-six hours after dropping the note, you will get a letter via courier, saying:
Dear (player's name),
I received your note. Very amusing. Now I have a proposition for you to consider. Bring me the stolen (magical item) and I will recompense you with a (gemstone). If you bring that (magical item) to your employer, you will have made an enemy.
You have two choices:
- Bring the magical item to your employer and collect your reward.
- Return the magical item to its owner.
- Ask around in town until you learn the location of the competitor's residence. The entrance door will be locked, so you need a method of unlocking the door. Talk to the competitor, give him/her the magical item, and receive the gem as reward. However, you will lose reputation with your employer's faction.
After handing the magical item to your employer he/she says:
Well done indeed, (player's first name). Ah yes, lovely, lovely (magical item). There can be no doubt that this is the very same (magical item) (competitor's name)'s partner gave (him/her) for security. You have certainly earned your (random gold) gold pieces.
Upon giving the magical item to its owner he/she says:
A wise decision, (player's first name). This may be the beginning of a profitable relationship. The days of (employer's name) making a profit, on the other hand, may well be passing.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Questgiver's associated factions||+7|
A failed quest (time limit expired) results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Questgiver's associated factions||-1|
If you brought the item back to your employer you will lose reputation with The Merchants as shown in the table below.
If you brought the item back to its owner, you will gain/lose reputation according to the table below.
|Employer's associated factions||-2|
Any of the followings:
- 2x One Battlemage every seven in-game minutes (10% chance) once you enter the store
- 2x One Knight every eight in-game minutes (10% chance) once you enter the store
- 1x Two Rogues every nine in-game minutes (10% chance) once you enter the store
- 1x Two Warriors every ten in-game minutes (10% chance) once you enter the store
- If you keep the magical item, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, unlike most quest items.