|Unique Item: Blade of Woe (000964c9, 0009ccdc)
||DBBladeOfWoeAstrid and DBBladeOfWoeReward
|Absorb 10 points of health
|Charge/Cost = Uses
The Blade of Woe is a unique dagger belonging to Astrid, the leader of the only remaining Dark Brotherhood group in Skyrim. It can be received in three ways: pickpocketing from Astrid, killing Astrid during the Quest With Friends Like These..., or at the end of the quest Death Incarnate.
- The first version (
000964c9) is the one used by Astrid; the second version (
0009ccdc) is the one given to you.
- You can pickpocket the Blade of Woe from Astrid during the quest With Friends Like These... using the Misdirection perk. The blade may also be taken from Astrid using a high level disarm shout. You will then receive a second Blade of Woe at the end of Death Incarnate.
- You can also pickpocket the Blade of Woe from Astrid after hiding in the Night Mother's coffin, before you leave the sanctuary.
- The Blade of Woe is the most powerful dagger in the game, but also the slowest. Its burst damage is favorable to stealthy players.
- The Dawnguard add-on adds the dragonbone dagger, which deals 12 base damage and has a slightly lighter weight (6.5), relegating the Blade of Woe to second best dagger.
- Unlike any other dagger, The Blade of Woe shares the same speed with swords, which makes it the slowest dagger in game.
- No materials are required for tempering the Blade of Woe. Whether or not this is a bug or intended by the developers is not known.
- This issue has been addressed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; based on the keywords that already apply to it, it now requires a steel ingot.