- Speak with Davela Hlaren in the Imperial Bridge Inn or Ra'qanar in Castle Cheydinhal to receive the master trainer recommendation.
- Reduce Helvius Cecia's health by half to prove you deserve his training.
A Skilled Fighter
Once you have achieved a Hand to Hand skill of 70, head to the Imperial Bridge Inn, located east of the Yellow Road, to speak with Davela Hlaren or to Cheydinhal to speak with Ra'qanar, to learn that if you wish to learn more about Hand to Hand combat you need to find Helvius Cecia, a Thieves Guild member who resides in Bruma.
Before providing master training, Helvius will require you to prove that you have the skill to fight bare-knuckled. You must un-equip any weapons, and do over 73 damage to him in under 40 seconds (his health is 163, and you need to get it down to 90). Technically, you should attack Helvius with your fists but he won't be upset if you use spells, although this will completely defeat the purpose of the test. Draw a weapon, or take too long, and he will call off the fight and say you're not ready. Once you accomplish this, Helvius will agree to train you for a fee.
- If you are having trouble passing the test, turning down the difficulty slider will increase the damage you do. Alternatively, a Fortify Strength potion/spell/enchantment could prove rather useful.
If you activated the Turning a Blind Eye bug, Helvius Cecia will be waiting outside his house until you complete the quest Turning a Blind Eye. He will still offer the master training exam, but you risk angering the guards. When your fight starts, the guards may come to attack him or you. To avoid this, you can use Command Humanoid on him and lead him back into his house, however, this will significantly reduce his disposition to you, and he may attack (and not just for practice).
|Hand to Hand Training (TrainingHandtoHand)
||I need to speak with Helvius Cecia in Bruma about training hand to hand combat.
||I must prove my worthiness to Helvius Cecia before he will consider training me. He's asked that I hit him as hard as I can.
||Helvius Cecia has agreed to train me.
||Helvius Cecia is dead. I have no chance to be taught more about Hand to Hand combat now.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage TrainingHandtoHand stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.