It was a forbidden city for almost 50 years in the late Second Era, humans only being allowed in the ports at that time. These traders described the city as made from glass or insect wings, which gives the city a beauty that, by any account, would easily rival that of any found on the mainland. Imperial emissaries of the Reman Dynasty described the city as straight and glimmering, a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall.
Throughout the long history of Alinor, it has often been at odds with the nearby city-state of Lillandril. Because of this internal strife, the Summerset Isles were quite isolated from the rest of Tamriel until Tiber Septim conquered the Isles in 2E 896, which was his final conquest on Tamriel. The golem Numidium, recently acquired as tribute from the Tribunal of Morrowind, attacked the city and captured it in mere minutes.
- Elante, an archaeologist with a scholarly interest in Daedra was from this city, as was the author Camilonwe.
- Arena was originally conceived as a fighting game featuring a tournament that took the player to each of Tamriel's cities to challenge different gladiatorial teams. According to a file from that stage of development left behind in the final game, Alinor's gladiatorial team would have been called "the Protectors".[oog 1]
- [[Lore:Guia de Bolso do Império, 1º Edição/Aldmeri Dominion|]]
- [[Lore:Guia de Bolso do Império, 3º Edição/Summerset Isle|]]
- Um Conto Conciso da Grande Guerra entre o Império e o Domínio Aldmeri — Legado Justianus Quintius
Nota: as seguintes referências não são encontradas no jogo. Elas são incluídas para providenciar um fundo mais sólido ao artigo, mas podem não refletir lore estabelecida.