||1||Doors||2 Iron Fittings, 2 Sawn Log, 2 Lock, 4 Hinge, 4 Nails|
|2||Foundation||2 Sawn Log, 10 Quarried Stone|
|3||Floor||4 Quarried Stone|
|Wall Supports||8 Sawn Log, 8 Nails|
|4||Roof Framing||4 Sawn Log|
|Walls||3 Clay, Sawn Log|
|5||Roof||8 Nails, Sawn Log|
|Total Materials:||3 Clay, 4 Hinges, 2 Iron Fittings, 2 Locks, 20 Nails, 14 Quarried Stone, 18 Sawn Logs
(2 Corundum Ingots, 8 Iron Ingots)
The greenhouse offers the opportunity to grow food and ingredients in up to 18 plots of fertile soil.
The following is a list of furniture items and decorations which can be added using the carpenter's workbench in the greenhouse. It is not necessary to purchase or build all furnishings; you can pick and choose. All items are created in a predetermined location, and only standard items can be moved. Often, a furnishing option includes several pieces of furniture, containers, and/or accessories, but is named for only the primary piece.
A number of miscellaneous items are added with various furnishing options, but only notable items are specified on this table—specifically, usable containers and ingredients. Although other common items are added to your home, they are not listed here.
|Containers||Barrels||Sawn Log, Nails, Iron Ingot||Three barrels and two sacks on north wall. Adds growth of imp stool.|
|Barrels||Sawn Log, Nails, Iron Ingot||Three barrels and two sacks on south wall. Adds honey.|
|Cupboard||2 Sawn Log, 4 Nails, Iron Fittings||West wall, north of center. Adds two satchels.|
|Cupboard||2 Sawn Log, 4 Nails, Iron Fittings||West wall, south of center. Adds two satchels.|
|Display Case and Cupboard||2 Sawn Log, 4 Nails, 2 Hinge, Iron Fittings, 2 Glass||West wall, south side.|
|Display Case and Cupboard||2 Sawn Log, 4 Nails, 2 Hinge, Iron Fittings, 2 Glass||West wall, north side.|
|Furniture||Display Case||2 Nails, Sawn Log, Hinge, Glass||South wall. Adds growth of Namira's Rot beneath it.|
|Night Tables (2)||2 Sawn Log, 4 Nails||East wall, north side. Adds two garlic and one grass pod.|
|Night Tables (2)||2 Sawn Log, 4 Nails||East wall, south side. Adds one dragon's tongue and one creep cluster.|
|Tall Shelf||2 Nails, Sawn Log, Hinge, Glass||North side. Actually a large Display Case, rather than a "shelf".|
|Shelves||Wall Shelves (4)||2 Sawn Log, 2 Nails||Along west wall. Adds a strong box and a honeycomb.|
|Miscellaneous||Chandelier, Small||Iron Ingot, 3 Goat Horns, Iron Fittings||South side.|
|Chandelier, Small||Iron Ingot, 3 Goat Horns, Iron Fittings||North side.|
|Large Planter||2 Clay, 2 Quarried Stone, Sawn Log||South side. (4 Plots)|
|Large Planter||2 Clay, 2 Quarried Stone, Sawn Log||Center. (4 Plots)|
|Large Planter||2 Clay, 2 Quarried Stone, Sawn Log||North side. (4 Plots)|
|Mounted Goat Head||Leather Strips, Goat Hide||East wall, north side.|
|Mounted Goat Head||Leather Strips, Goat Hide||West wall, south side.|
|Mounted Mudcrab||Leather Strips, 2 Mudcrab Chitin||East wall, south side.|
|Mounted Mudcrab||Leather Strips, 2 Mudcrab Chitin||West wall, north side.|
|Small Planter with Cupboard||2 Sawn Log, Iron Fittings, 4 Nails, 2 Clay||West wall, north side. (1 Plot)|
|Small Planter with Cupboard||2 Sawn Log, Iron Fittings, 4 Nails, 2 Clay||East wall, south side. (1 Plot)|
|Small Planter with Cupboard||2 Sawn Log, Iron Fittings, 4 Nails, 2 Clay||East wall, north side. (1 Plot)|
|Small Planter with Cupboard||2 Sawn Log, Iron Fittings, 4 Nails, 2 Clay||West wall, south of center. (1 Plot)|
|Small Planter with Cupboard||2 Sawn Log, Iron Fittings, 4 Nails, 2 Clay||West wall, north of center. (1 Plot)|
|Small Planter with Cupboard||2 Sawn Log, Iron Fittings, 4 Nails, 2 Clay||West wall, south side. (1 Plot)|
|Total Materials:||18 Clay, 6 Glass, 2 Goat Hides, 6 Goat Horns, 6 Hinges, 12 Iron Fittings, 4 Iron Ingots, 4 Leather Strips, 4 Mudcrab Chitin, 56 Nails, 6 Quarried Stone, 33 Sawn Logs
(20.6 Iron Ingots in addition to the 4 listed above)
Food and Ingredients
The following food and ingredients can be planted in your greenhouse or exterior garden. Food or ingredients added by official plug-ins cannot be planted. You can plant the item of your choice by activating a particular plot of fertile soil. A "Give Gift" inventory menu will come up with the eligible items you are carrying. You only need to use one of the selected item (if you choose more, it will display a message and remove only one from your inventory), and you may plant multiple plots of the same item if you prefer. If you accidentally plant something in a plot when you wanted to plant something else, simply activate the same plot again; if nothing has started growing, then the first item you planted will be placed back in your inventory and the new chosen item will be removed and planted. If you decide to change your mind about what to grow in a particular plot after something is already growing, a message will be displayed to notify you that something is already growing, and you will be given two options: "Do nothing" or "Clear planter". If you choose the latter, the soil will return to its original state and you can begin again. Food and ingredients harvested from garden or greenhouse plots will produce between 2 and 5 samples every time they are harvested. The amount for each plant is shown on the list below.
- Player-planted plants may have different appearance to wild ones.
- When the greenhouse is complete, hanging moss will grow on several rafters, and a beehive will appear on the southeast side of the ceiling. There will also be numerous bees, butterflies, and torchbugs flying around the room. A bird's nest appears on one of the rafters as well. Note that to be considered "complete", you must plant something in each of the plots of at least one planter. Just building all the options at the workbench is not enough.
- Once the beehive appears, bees may fly around the rest of the house.
- The three ingredients that may be planted in the garden which produce the highest value potion are Creep Cluster, Mora Tapinella and Scaly Pholiota.
- When harvesting plants in the greenhouse you may not receive the quantity which appears on-screen.
- After the beehive appears in the southeast corner of the ceiling, moving north past a certain point will cause the beehive to visually disappear. It will reappear when you move back to the south.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1.2 of the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.
- If multiple items are accidentally planted in a single plot, you will receive an error message indicating that only one item may be planted in each plot. However, the stack of items will not be returned to your inventory, and are essentially lost.
- Placing items in or closing a display case may freeze the game.
- The doors for the Greenhouse do not appear after construction.
- After all the planters have been constructed, any followers who enter the Greenhouse may randomly teleport around the room, sometimes appearing right on top of the player's location.