Skyrim:Fiery Soul Trap
|Fiery Soul Trap|
(Click on any item for details)
|Steel Battleaxe of Fiery Souls|
Enchanting description: If target dies within <dur> seconds, fills a soul gem. Burns the target for <mag> points. Targets on fire take extra damage.
Fiery Soul Trap is a unique version of the more common Soul Trap effect. It is found only on the Steel Battleaxe of Fiery Souls in the boss room of Ironbind Barrow, which can then be disenchanted to learn the effect. It has a couple of interesting properties that make it different from the normal soul trap effect:
- First, as the name suggests, it does fire damage as well as traps souls.
- Second, it is affected by both Conjuration and Destruction perks that relate to its effects as well as the Enchanting perks affecting Fire Damage and Soul Trap.
The second property means that the number of charges you get out of enchanted items made with this effect are calculated using not only your Enchanting skill but also your Conjuration and Destruction skills. This is because this effect is essentially a script that casts versions of the soul trap and fire damage effects separately when activated. The strength of the fire damage is increased only by the Augmented Flames perk.
- Whether a glitch or intentional, if you strike a corpse with a weapon holding this enchantment, you will receive a message that the soul trap effect was resisted.
- Though the number of charges is increased based on all 3 relevant skills (Enchanting, Conjuration, and Destruction), only the duration of the soul trap effect is taken into account when enchanting. This allows an extremely high number of charges (1000+) to be available if using a Grand Soul and setting the soul trap to a 1 second duration. It is unknown whether this is intentional.
- The fire damage magnitude of the enchantment is fixed and isn't affected by anything that increases enchantment magnitude, including Enchanting Skill, Enchanter perks, the Fire Enchanter perk or Fortify Enchanting potions. Augmented Flames perks, which act as fire damage multipliers, will increase the damage to 12 and 15 points respectively because they aren't multipliers for enchantment magnitude.
- Enchanting: Details on using filled Soul Gems to create and recharge enchanted items
- Soul Gems: Available soul gems
- Souls: Soul strengths of various creatures
- The Black Star: The quest in order to obtain Azura's Star