Shivering:Priest of Order
|Priest of Order|
|Added by||Shivering Isles|
|Level||PC-3||Class||Priest of Order|
|Faction(s)||SEOrderPriestFactionC, Priest of Order, Forces of Order|
Citizens that have betrayed and left Sheogorath to join Jyggalag become Priests of Order. A magical connection exists between priests and the obelisks under their control: priests will reactivate deactivated obelisks, and active obelisks will resurrect priests shortly after they fall. Furthermore, anybody trying to loot a priest with an active obelisk will instead receive an electric shock. The only way to break the connection is to place three Hearts of Order into the obelisk, causing it to overload, then kill the priest before he can repair the damage.
Priests carry a leveled weapon: Levels 1-5 will have a generic dagger or sword, while Levels 6 and up will possess a crystal staff. They may also carry soul gems, scrolls, enchanted jewelry, and Hearts of Order. Unlike Knights, Priests' clothing can be looted from their corpses. They are capable of an invisibility spell, an evasive maneuver to allow the obelisks to stay open for as long as possible. They also have an unique spell that summons an ebony dagger for 60s rather than the usual daedric version.
- Felas Sarandas becomes a Priest of Order during Rebuilding the Gatekeeper, although he and his group of Knights of Order are quickly killed by the newly constructed Gatekeeper.
- The robes that Priests of Order wear are unaffected by Telekinesis spells, however you can still grab them to move them around.
- With perfect timing, you are able to open a killed Priest's inventory without shutting down his obelisk. To do this, you must activate him at the exact time of his death.
- Temporarily reanimating a Priest of Order while his obelisk is still active will work as normal. When the effect wears off, the obelisk will once again fully revive him. Although he will no longer follow you, he will retain his positive disposition and henceforth continue to fight against the Knights of Order. He will continue to repair the obelisk in this state, but not while under the reanimate effect.
- Checking the inventory of a living Priest (such as via pickpocketing) can yield unexpected loot; in particular, they often will be carrying 30+ Hearts of Order. The loot will not change when the Priest is slain, so attempting to steal from him is not necessary.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.