Este artigo é sobre weapon items. Para the merchant type, veja Weapons (vendor).
Weapons in Online fall into five categories. They are:
- Bows, used by the Bow skill
- Destruction Staves, used by the Destruction Staff skill
- One handed weapons, including Daggers, Swords, Axes, and Maces, which may either be combined with a Shield for the One Hand and Shield skill, or used with one in each hand for the Dual Wield skill
- Two handed weapons, including Greatswords, Battle Axes, and Mauls, used by the Two Handed skill
- Restoration Staves, used by the Restoration Staff skill
Equipping a weapon from any class will unlock an associated skill line. To use unlocked abilities from skill lines you must have that type of weapon selected (e.g. to use Grand Healing from the Restoration staff skill a Restoration Staff must be equipped).
So far, 18 materials have been confirmed to appear in Online.
Weapons and Armor are crafted in a variety of Styles. Crafting an item in a specific style requires a secondary ingredient. Each character starts with the ability to create items in their own racial style, and other styles may be learned from special consumable books called motifs.
These books along with secondary ingredients may be randomly found in containers (other than crates and barrels) throughout the world. The type of ingredients and books found depend on the level of the zone:
- The ten playable race motifs and materials can be found in the level 1 to 50 zones.
- Barbaric and Primal motifs and the corresponding materials can be found in the Cadwell's Silver zones (Veteran ranks 1 to 5).
- The Ancient Elf and Daedric motifs and corresponding materials can be found in the Cadwell's Gold zones (Veteran ranks 6 to 10) as well as Craglorn (Veteran ranks 11 and 12).
- All other ingredients can be obtained at any level in various ways, as detailed on the individual style page.
Besides that, secondary ingredients may be obtained when deconstructing an item of the respective style, and the ingredients for the ten basic racial styles are sold by vendors at crafting stations. Crafting hirelings for Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking will also commonly send all types of style materials.
Traits are a special property that can appear on all weapons and armor. Each item can have a single trait, in addition to all other properties an item can carry, though items without any traits are also common.
Traits may be researched in order to craft custom items with the respective properties.
Constructing an item with a specific trait requires a special tertiary material. These ingredients can be retrieved by deconstructing items with traits, or refining raw ore, wood, leather or fibers. Crafting hirelings for Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking will also commonly send all types of trait materials.
The magnitude of each trait depends on the quality of the item, improving the item will automatically increase the trait's magnitude.
All traits not related to enchantments are twice as powerful on two handed weapons as they are on one handed weapons.
The following traits are available on both armor and weapons, and the ornate trait can even be found on jewelry.
They can only be found, but not researched or crafted.
|Ornate||Increase sell price to merchants by||280%||285%||290%||295%||300%|
|Intricate||Increase inspiration gained from deconstructing by||280%||285%||290%||295%||300%|