Sir Cadwell of Codswallop is a cheerful and endearingly mad lost soul who resides in Coldharbour. He is the oldest of the Soul Shriven, and was already insane even before he left Tamriel. He is a pivotal character in the Main Quest as well as the Coldharbour invasion quests. Cadwell regards himself as a daring knight, and has spent so much time in Coldharbour that he has become a part of the realm, teleporting around at will and viewing Tamriel as only a pale reflection of his home. He is also responsible for providing access to the veteran alliance zones. He has a pet bantam guar called Honor.
Soul Shriven in Coldharbour
Cadwell will first be encountered in the Wailing Prison, playing the lute and surrounded by Soul Shriven by a campfire. As you approach, he will be regaling the surrounding Soul Shriven with a short ditty: "One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead kings got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their bows... and stabbed themselves!"
When spoken to, he will greet you, "Hello, what's this? Out for a stroll, then? Lovely day for it." If you ask if he is Cadwell, he will reply, "Sir Cadwell, yes indeed. A pleasure! And fair Lyris! Good to see you m'dear! How are you, then?" Explain to him that you need to find a way to the Prophet, and he will respond, "Oh dear, oh dear. Well that is inconvenient, isn't it? Tell you what—I happen to know another way in! Much more of a scenic route. Rather a fun little jaunt, actually. Full of traps, and corpses, and nasty beasties filling up the bits in between." If asked how you will get though, he'll tell you, "Rather Cautiously, I expect. Watch your step, hold your nose, and do mind the traps. There'll like as not be a fair dose of running and skull-bashing as well." Finally, if you ask him where the entrance is, Cadwell will reply, "Follow the river. You'll find the door to the Undercroft at the water's end. Once you're inside, stick to the light and you'll find a ladder that will take you right up to the Prophet, straightaway. Do give him my best!" and end with saying, "Best of luck. Do check in now and again, won't you?"
You may also inquire him about certain topics:
- "Tell me about yourself, Sir Cadwell."
- "Well, there's not much to tell, is there? It's the same old pish-tosh. Gallant knight, epic quest, rescued maidens. I cane to this land when my head was quite unceremoniously separated from my body. Bad luck that, but you make the best of things."
- "How long have you been here?"
- "Oh, quite a long time. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I were the oldest of the Soul Shriven. Of those who didn't go feral, that is. I know every tunnel and path, every nook and cranny. The others look up to me, I suppose."
- "How do you know Lyris?"
- "Ah, Lyris. Girl's as mad as Sheogorath's jammies. Heart's in the right place, I suppose. Says she's got to rescue the Prophet to save us all from eternal torment. How an old blind man could do that is quite beyond me!"
- "What do you know about the Prophet?"
- "An Imperial gentleman. Apparently he was once a powerful mage, but the years haven't been kind. Lyris says he knows of a path back to Tamriel. I rather think that if one existed, I'd have found it by now."
- "You don't think there's a way to get home?"
- "I hadn't actually given it much thought. Anything is possible, I suppose. Truth is, I've been here so long, this place feels like home. But a good uprising now and again is a pleasant diversion, so where's the harm, eh?"
- Soul Shriven in Coldharbour: Help an old man escape from the depths of Coldharbour.
- Castle of the Worm: Grant a request for asylum from a prisoner in the Castle of the Worm.
- Cadwell's Silver: Use Meridia's blessing to explore a second alliance.
- Cadwell's Gold: Use Meridia's blessing to explore a third alliance.
- He is voiced by John Cleese.
|Este artigo relacionado a Online é um rascunho. Você pode ajudar .|