Online:A Guide to Fishing Tamriel
A UESPWiki – Sua fonte de The Elder Scrolls desde 1995
|Veja também||Versão da Lore|
A Guide to Fishing Tamriel
An old angler's advice on his profession
- Ah, fishing, my son. After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish.
- Now just being alone in the wild, listening to the wind in the trees or the waves on the shore, is good enough for most men. Catching anything of worth is typically the furthest from their minds. And of course that means their neighbors and wives think all they did was sleep in the forest.
- But true anglers always look to fill up their catch baskets with the largest fish, which can be used for the tastiest dishes. And to do that, you have to know what you are attempting to catch, where they are found and what baits are best to use. Here is a list of common fish found throughout Tamriel:
- Slaughterfish and Trodh:
- These fish are found in the foulest waters possible: sewers, fetid swamps, and in pools near decomposing corpses. A favorite of city dwellers who don't want to leave the safety of their walls, these fish are drawn to crawlers and fish roe.
- Fresh flowing rivers and streams are the home of these tasty fish. They bite best on baits of insects and small shad.
- Still lakes with deep holes or overgrowth that let these fish stay out of the sun are the preferred locale for these fish. Guts from small frogs, guar and chickens as well as tiny ocean minnows are the best bait for these.
- Dhufish and Longfin:
- When you are the by the sea, you should try your hand at catching these beauties. Using common garden worms and small chub will entice the largest of these fish.
- I hope that this helps you when you next decide to go out and fish, my son. At least this way you will come home with a full catch and no one will accuse you of wasting your day.