|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Home City||Imperial City
|Location||The Bloated Float Inn|
|Health||40 + (4+0.6)x(PC+4), PC=1-96|
|Magicka||100 + 1.5x(PC+4) (max=250)|
|Follower||An Unexpected Voyage|
|Faction(s)||MS31 Blackwater Brigands|
Selene is an Imperial thief and the leader of the Blackwater Brigands, a recently formed gang of thieves from Bravil. Along with her three accomplices, Minx, Wrath and Lynch, Selene has hijacked the Bloated Float, in search of a legendary gold statuette known as "The Golden Galleon", which she believes is hidden somewhere on the ship.
After you have defeated the other Brigands and cleared each deck, Selene will be the last in line. You will find her inside Ormil's Cabin, constantly patrolling without eating or sleeping, tirelessly keeping an eye on Ormil, the proprietor of the Bloated Float and now a hostage of the Blackwater Brigands. If you convince her to surrender, she will follow you down to the inn deck and lock herself into the sealed cabin next to yours. At this point, she will disappear from the game.
She wields the unique one-handed Blackwater Blade and wears leather gauntlets, boots, greaves and the uniquely designed leather cuirass, branded with the emblem of the Blackwater Brigands. She only carries a small amount of gold.
As soon as you enter the cabin, Selene will actively seek you out and approach you with a simple question: "How'd you get in here?"
- If you say "Shut up and release Ormil!", Selene will respond with "Ha! Those will be the last words that leave your lips!" and proceed to attack you.
- If you say "I took the key from Wrath", Selene will be puzzled and ask you another question: "Wrath? I told him to guard the wheel and not talk to anybody. Who are you?"
- If you say "I'm just the ship's cook", Selene will respond with "There's no cook on board the Bloated Float! How dare you try and make a fool of me! After I deal with you, I'll feed your body to the slaughterfish!" and proceed to attack you.
- If you say "I'm here to join the gang", Selene will start testing your knowledge on the Blackwater Brigands: "Hahaha! We made a solemn pact not to let anyone else join the gang. I can remember it clearly even though it was..."
- If you choose to ignore what Lynch told you earlier and say "... four months ago?", Selene will respond with "Wrong, fool. I've grown tired of this guessing game. I've much to do and you're in the way. I aim to rectify that!" and proceed to attack you.
- If you say "... three months ago?", Selene will be surprised and will ask you another question: "What? Can no one in this gang keep things secret? I suppose you know why we've taken over the Bloated Float as well!"
- If you choose to ignore what Wrath told you earlier and say "To ransom your prisoners", Selene will respond with "We aren't here for that! My patience is at an end, as will soon be your life!" and proceed to attack you.
- If you say "To find the Golden Galleon", Selene will be quite surprised, but will still test you: "H—how did you know about that? No matter. Once I've taken care of you, we'll scuttle the ship and be off to our safe house. No one will find us there."
- If you choose to ignore what Wrath told you earlier and say "You mean in Cheydinhal?", Selene will respond with "Wrong, fetcher! I'm tired of this conversation! Time to end it with steel!" and proceed to attack you.
- If you say "You mean in Bravil?", Selene will be shaken and will ask you one final question: "A-again you have surprised me with your knowledge of our operation. I suspect Lynch didn't check all the inn rooms before we departed. You must have been hiding down there and made your way up here. How did you get past Minx, Wrath and Lynch?"
- When you say "I've killed all of them", Selene will finally surrender with the words: "Impossible! You defeated the three of them alone? I – I'm humbled by your skill, and fear that assaulting you would lead to my own quick demise. Please accept my surrender. Here’s my blade. Please. No treasure is worth my life. The Bloated Float is yours."
Once Selene is either dead or locked in her room, you are free to speak with Ormil and return to the Imperial City.
- Even though Ormil tells you that "The authorities of the Imperial City took her off the ship as soon as we docked" and "She was a ruthless woman, and I'm glad she’s behind bars where she belongs", she is nowhere to be found in the Imperial City Prison.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.