Oblivion:Fort Hastrel

A UESPWiki – Sua fonte de The Elder Scrolls desde 1995
This page is currently being redesigned for the Oblivion Places Redesign Project (OPRP). The page needs in-game walkthrough(s) to go along with the maps and content lists. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Needs in-game verification. See the OPRP project page for explanation of what needs to be to complete the verification process.
Fort Hastrel
(view on map)
# of Zones 2
(1 boss-level Vampire)
Important Treasure
1 boss-level Coffin
1 War Axe of Seduction
2 Arrows of Embers
Console Location Code(s)
FortHastrel01, FortHastrel02
Colovian Highlands
North-northwest of Kvatch in the heart of County Kvatch
Fort Hastrel

Fort Hastrel is a medium-sized fort north of Kvatch containing vampires. It is west of Camp Ales and southeast of Last Chance Camp. It contains two zones: Fort Hastrel and Fort Hastrel Keep.



Key to Maps
Map of Fort Hastrel Exterior
  • The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -39, 7
  • This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Hastrel (editor name FortHastrelMapMarker). The entrance door is S of the marker, 50 feet away.
  • 1 Melee Skeleton is near the entrance
  • 3 Wilderness Creatures (Highlands variety) are near the entrance
  • 2 Chest 01 is near the entrance
  • The following potions can be found near the entrance: 1 Potion of Nighteye
  • The following plants can be found near the entrance: 6 Fennel plants, 6 Ginseng plants, 3 Lady's Mantle plants, 16 Motherwort plants, and 9 Viper's Bugloss plants

Zone 1: Fort Hastrel

Fort Hastrel

Upon entering the fort, you will see a Dead Treasure Hunter on your right at F. Next to the treasure hunter is one of two Arrow of Embers, located on the ground at E. For the most efficient clearing of the fort, continue straight down a flight of stairs at the first fork. Although you can access door C into the next zone from that hallway, the door is located on a balcony and is somewhat difficult to reach (although not impossible) by jumping up.

The first room you enter contains an enemy and four lootable coffins, although only one contains anything of value. As you continue down the hall you will encounter another enemy before you reach an Old Wooden Door. Continue through the door and there is a side room with a chest on your left and a second room containing an enemy and another chest. From here you may continue on into the next zone.

You will return through door C and jump down into a coffin room. You will encounter two Vampire Enemies in this room, one will automatically be inside and one may join in from a side loot room. Loot the chest before continuing back. At the first fork you have two options. You may continue straight and encounter no enemies (or lootable coffins), or you may veer off to the left. To the left you will face three Vampire Enemies and have the option to loot a number of coffins (although none have particularly valuable items). Regardless of choice, when you reach the end of the hall, turn left and head to the door marked OUT to exit the zone.


  • 1 Vampire
  • 4-5 Vampire Enemies (each 50% probability Vampire, 33% Undead, 17% Vampire Beast)
  • 2 Rats


Doors and Gates:

  • There are three doors in/out of this zone
    • 1 door (at Out) leads outside
    • 2 doors (at C and D) lead out of dungeon to Fort Hastrel Keep and Fort Hastrel Keep


  • 1 Dead Treasure Hunter (carries light armor, one weapon, unenchanted loot) at location F on map
  • 1 bedroll at b

Zone 2: Fort Hastrel Keep

Fort Hastrel Keep
The items at E

Assuming you enter the zone through door D, you wind down a flight of stairs to find the rat. There is a gate with a pathing enemy on the other side which opposes a small room containing the treasure coffin. You may be able to sneak into the room and loot the coffin before fighting the pathing enemy. But be warned that undead and vampire enemies are able to open the gate, so while you can hit them with a damage spell or ranged weapon through the gate it will not hold them away from you.

Follow either the left or right fork into the main room - there is no tactical difference in selecting either route. Be prepared that the boss-level vampire and the other vampire enemy may be able to see each other, requiring you to fight both at the same time.

A guaranteed magic item, a War Axe of Seduction, is found in the main room of this zone, on top of the elevated platform at location E on the map. You can reach the top of the platform by climbing the stairs on the south side. A pair of Steel Gauntlets and a cheese wedge are also located on top of the platform.

Loot the chests in the alcoves to the south and north and make your way to door C to re-enter the first zone.


  • 1 boss-level Vampire (50% chance Vampire Matriarch, 50% chance Vampire Patriarch) at location A on map
  • 1-2 Vampire Enemies (each 50% probability Vampire, 33% Undead, 17% Vampire Beast)
  • 1 Rat


Doors and Gates:

  • There are two doors (at C and D) in/out of this zone, both leading to the zone Fort Hastrel
  • Note: Two candlesticks in this area are subject to a graphical glitch. This issue is present in all recent patches to the game, and can only be repaired on consoles via installation of the Shivering Isles.