Oblivion:Cinnabar Polypore Yellow Cap
|# Plants||89 Total (87 in Tamriel, 2 in buildings)|
The ingredient Cinnabar Polypore Yellow Cap comes from the plant "Cinnabar Polypore", which is a somewhat hard-to-find mushroom that primarily grows on the sides of trees in the West Weald region. There is a second variety of "Cinnabar Polypore" which is red in color and yields Cinnabar Polypore Red Cap.
Without the Shivering Isles expansion pack, Cinnabar Polypore Yellow Cap is one of only two ingredients which can be used to create a Reflect Spell potion: at expert level it can be combined with Glow Dust. There are no negative side effects. Shivering Isles adds two more ingredients with Reflect Spell (also expert-level only): Watcher's Eye and Withering Moon.
16 guaranteed samples can be found. The places with the highest numbers of samples are:
- 6 samples are in The Main Ingredient in the Market District
- 2 samples are in the basement of Edgar's Discount Spells in the Market District
- 2 samples are in Gottlesfont House at Gottlesfont Priory
- 2 samples are in Moslin's Dry Goods in Hackdirt
It can also be found randomly in the inventories of alchemy vendors and in some loot chests.
The places with the highest concentrations of Cinnabar Polypore Yellow Cap are:
- 7 plants are in the Arcane University gardens
- 5 plants are outside Gottlesfont Priory
- 5 plants are in exterior cell (-32, -4)
- 3 plants are in exterior cell (-28, -5) Reman Rune Stone near a
- 3 plants are in exterior cell (-18, 4)
2 can be found growing inside: