|Home City||Imperial City, Market District|
|Available||8am-8pm every day|
|Sells||Scrolls, Soul Gems, Armor (Hands of the Atronach, Feather Shoes, Fortify Fatigue Pants)|
|Faction(s)||IC Citizens; (Mystic Emporium - with Wizard's Tower plug-in)|
Running the only enchanter's shop in all of Cyrodiil can be hard work, and Calindil spends a huge part of his life dedicated to his duties. Fortunately, he still manages to make the most of his spare time and spends his evenings walking to various destinations in the city. He sleeps in the private quarters above the shop and wakes up every morning at 6am. He starts the day with a two-hour breakfast in the main trading room before unlocking the door for potential customers at 8am. After tirelessly offering his services for twelve hours straight, he closes up at 8pm and leaves the shop. On Morndas, Middas, and Fredas, he will go to the Merchants Inn and have dinner with the other merchants and traders. Tirdas sees him strolling relaxed around the Green Emperor Way. On Turdas, he will go to the Temple of the One for an evening prayer. On Loredas and Sundas, he will head to the Arcane University and wander around the outer areas, while chatting with the scholars and apprentices there. On all days, he heads back to Mystic Emporium and his bed at midnight.
He wears a russet felt outfit with matching shoes. He carries around a spare pair of burgundy linens, his shop key, and a leveled amount of gold. He also carries an empty grand soul gem and a sample of glow dust, both of which can be purchased from him. On combat, Calindil relies on the same set of spells that you can purchase from him.
When you meet him for the first time, he will introduce himself and his services: "Welcome to the Mystic Emporium. Calindil is here, with all your needs, under one roof. Look, and buy. Nothing could be easier." When you ask him about his beloved city, he will tell you, "No one can experience the City for you. You must go, walk, touch, see, feel, talk to everyone."
Other citizens seem to agree with Calindil's own statement about his shop. They can be heard saying: "Calindil runs a nice place at the Mystic Emporium."; "If you need something enchanted, Calindil has the goods."; and "Do you ever buy soul gems from Calindil?"
- If you purchase the Wizard's Tower official plug-in, Aurelinwae joins Calindil as a second merchant in the Mystic Emporium.
- It is not possible to invest in Calindil's store, even after you have reached 75 skill in Mercantile.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
The spells he has available are:
|Open Very Easy Lock||Novice||7||Open Very Easy Lock on Target|
|Protect||Novice||10||Shield 5% for 30sec on Self|
|Protect Other||Novice||17||Shield 10% for 20sec on Touch|
|Hindering Touch||Apprentice||39||Burden 35pts for 20sec on Touch|
|Bound Helmet||Novice||24||Bound Helmet for 20sec on Self|
|Summon Skeleton||Apprentice||45||Summon Skeleton for 40sec on Self|
|Summon Zombie||Apprentice||50||Summon Zombie for 30sec on Self|
|Electric Touch||Apprentice||48||Shock Damage 25pts on Touch|
|Flame Touch||Apprentice||46||Fire Damage 25pts on Touch|
|Weakness to Fire||Apprentice||27||Weakness to Fire 25% for 30sec on Target|
|Weakness to Poison||Apprentice||27||Weakness to Poison 25% for 30sec on Target|
|Starlight||Novice||14||Light in 20ft for 60sec on Self|
|Eyes of Eventide||Apprentice||33||Night-Eye for 15sec on Self|
|Touch of Rage||Apprentice||30||Frenzy up to level 18 for 30sec on Touch|
|Minor Life Detection||Novice||15||Detect Life in 60ft for 10sec on Self|
|Major Dispel||Apprentice||47||Dispel 45pts on Self|
|Absorb Fatigue||Novice||11||Absorb Fatigue 10pts on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Illusion||Novice||16||Absorb Illusion 5pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Heal Major Wounds||Apprentice||61||Restore Health 25pts on Self|
- The magicka cost for most purchasable spells matches the value you would calculate from the Spell Cost equation. In other words, if you were to create the same spell at the Spellmaking Altar, it would have the same magicka cost as the purchasable spell. There are a few exceptions. Spells that are a bad deal, i.e. more expensive than a custom spell, are in red; spells that are a good deal are in green. The magicka cost if you were to create a custom spell at the Spellmaking Altar is shown in parentheses.
- The magicka cost for spells is dependent upon your skill in the school (as modified by Luck, see Magic Overview). The provided baseline values are the magicka cost when your skill level is 33. For other skill levels the magicka cost can be determined from:
Cost * (1.4 - 0.012 * Skill)
- More powerful spells cost more to buy, have a higher skill requirement, and consume more Magicka.
- Level indicates what skill level you must reach (or surpass) in order to use a spell. Skill Level 0-24 = Novice, 25-49 = Apprentice, 50-74 = Journeyman, 75-99 = Expert, 100 = Master.
- The base cost in gold that you must pay to purchase a spell is always three times the current magicka cost of the spell, taking into account your character's skill level and Luck. (The actual cost you pay is further increased based on how well you haggle with the merchant.) Therefore, if you have any Fortify Skill or Fortify Luck spells/potions handy, you can get significantly better deals when purchasing spells.