Morrowind:Resist Normal Weapons
|Resist Normal Weapons|
(Click on any item for details)
Resist Normal Weapons M% for D seconds
Reduces the damage dealt by normal weapons by M%. Only non-enchanted weapons are affected by this, and only lower-quality materials such as Iron and Steel. Anything Silver or better (Daedric, Ebony, etc.) will still work normally. Also included are non-magical melee attacks by creatures who don't use weapons.
- For a list of all weapons affected, see Normal Weapons.
- This resistance also affects Iron or Steel Ammunition, unless they are fired from an enchanted bow or crossbow.
- This effect is not available to you by any normal means other than Marara's Ring or the Necromancer's Amulet.
- The only other way to experience it is to become a Vampire, which will give you a 50% resistance to normal weapons.
- Many creatures have resistance or even immunity to normal weapons, most notably most Daedra and some undead. You must have either enchanted weapons or Silver or better weapons to damage these creatures in melee.
- Hand-to-hand combat is not affected; your fists are not considered normal weapons.
- Shield, Sanctuary
- Fire Shield, Frost Shield, Lightning Shield
- Resist Element, Resist Magicka, Resist Paralysis
- Reflect, Spell Absorption
- Weakness to Normal Weapons