(Click on any item for details)
Fortify Health M points for D seconds
Temporarily raises the target's Health by M points for D seconds. After the spell expires, their Health will be restored to its former value, minus any damage received while the spell was active.
- This effect has an unfortunate bug which can make it very dangerous to use in large doses. When the spell is active, your natural health is lowered first when you are damaged. As soon as it expires, the amount of health you added is then subtracted from whatever you have at that time, regardless of how much damage you have taken. Thus you should be very careful not to cast any spell or use any item which more than doubles your natural Health maximum. If you do so, and then take more than your natural Health value in damage before the spell runs out, you will drop dead as soon as it expires. One way to prevent this is to get a piece of clothing (NOT armor) enchanted with a constant effect Fortify Health, and wear it all the time when using such spells. (Armor with this enchantment will work as well, but if the armor ever becomes damaged to the point of breaking, the result will be the same.)
- This is addressed in the Morrowind Code Patch.
- Restore Health, Absorb Health
- Damage Health, Drain Health
- Fortify Attribute, Fortify Fatigue, Fortify Magicka, Fortify Skill
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a Fortify Health potion: