|Esta página está sendo redesenhada para o Projeto de Lugares da Lore (LPP).
A página pode precisar de algum trabalho para se encaixar em nossos padrões da página do projeto.
|Appears in||Arena, ESO|
The Summerset Isles (sometimes spelled Sumurset, Summurset or Sumerset) is a province in southwest Tamriel consisting of fourteen islands of varying size. The three largest and most significant islands are Summerset Isle, Auridon, and Artaeum (which is apt to disappear for sizable lengths of time with no warning). In 4E 22 the Thalmor seized power and renamed the province after its capital, Alinor, though many outside the province still refer to it as Summerset. The current inhabitants of the province are the Altmer, though goblins were there when the elves first arrived. It is believed that the first inhabitants were the Sload before they were driven away by the Aldmer, whom the Altmer claim to be directly descended from.
Summerset Isle was the last nation in Tamriel to be brought into the Third Empire during the Tiber Wars. In 2E 896, Tiber Septim wielded the Numidium against the capital city of Alinor, forcing the city's surrender within minutes. Summerset Isle was then absorbed as a province of the Empire.
During the Oblivion Crisis, Summerset Isle was beset by daedra. The Crystal Tower was toppled by the daedra hordes. The Thalmor, once a minority voice, were given greater power and authority in order to deal with the crisis. They were successful and came to be seen as the saviors of Summerset Isle. In 4E 22, the Thalmor took control of the Summerset Isles and renamed them Alinor. Valenwood was brought under the Thalmor's control in 4E 29, recreating the Aldmeri Dominion. Later, the former Confederacy of Elsweyr joined the Dominion as two separate client states.
Little of the geography of the Summerset Isles is known. Cloudrest, atop Eton Nir, the highest mountain in Summerset, is an odd mixture of architectural styles, with buildings like strangler vines, built on top of older structures. The oldest, and most isolated, of all ruins there are made of coral, which must have been carried many, many, miles away from the sea. This highly suggests original occupation by the Sload.
- Summerset Isle
- The largest island of the Summerset archipelago.
- The second-largest island, located closest to mainland Tamriel.
- The island sanctuary of the Psijic Order, with a tendency to regularly vanish.
- An island north of Summerset, owned by Arch-Mage Shalidor.
- A small island, raised from the seabed by magic.
The Isles are divided into different Social Classes. The Wise are teachers and priests, then come Artists, Princes, Warriors, Landowners, Merchants, and Workers. At the bottom are the beasts such as the tamed goblins, which are enslaved. All is not well in the Isles, however, as the Sload constantly use their necromantic powers to attack the Isles, such as in the Sack of Skywatch in 1E 1301 and the War of the Uvichil from 1E 2911 to 1E 2917.
- The capital of the Summerset Isles. It is located on the western shore.
- A city on the north-central area of the largest Isle.
- Crystal Tower
- Also known as Crystal-Like-Law, this structure is of symbolic importance to the Altmer just as White Gold was for the Ayleids.
- A city on the southeastern shore of the largest Isle.
- Eton Nir
- The tallest mountain in Summerset Isles, and is the site of some of the Isles' most amazing architecture. It is located in the north-central area of the largest Isle.
- A city on the northern area of the second largest Isle.
- A city on the northwestern shore of the largest Isle.
- A city on the eastern-central area of the largest Isle.
- A city near the center of the second largest Isle.
- A city in the south-southwestern area of the largest Isle.
- Vulkhel Guard
- A port city on the southern tip of the second largest Isle.
- The different spellings of Summerset Isle are found on the Arena map (also seen in Daggerfall) and Sumurset Isle on the Redguard map.
- During the game of Oblivion you may overhear NPCs talking about trouble in Summerset Isle, quoting "I understand Daedra worship has become increasingly prevalent in the Summerset Isle." "They say syndicates of wizards have led a boycott of Imperial goods in the land of the Altmer." and "The Altmer have powerful wizards. It could become a dangerous situation."
- Father Of The Niben de Florin Jaliil — Tradução do diário fragmentado de Topal o Navegador
- Feyfolken de Waughin Jarth — The Great Sage tells a story of Artaeum, Psijics, and Robotic Enchanters
- Fragment: On Artaeum de Taurce il-Anselma — A work explaining some of the history of the Psijic island of Artaeum
- Galerion the Mystic de Asgrim Kolsgreg — A biography of Galerion, a Psijic who founded the Mages Guild
- Origin of the Mages Guild de The Archmage Salarth — Where and how the Mages Guild started
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition/Aldmeri Dominion de Sociedade Geográfica Imperial
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition/Summerset
- Rising Threat de Lathenil of Sunhold — A multi-volume series on the threat posed by the Thalmor
- [[Lore:O Guia Melhorado do Imperador de Tamriel/Summerset Isles|]]
- Toothmaul Gully loading screen
- [[Lore:Guia de Bolso do Império, 3º Edição/Summerset|]]
- Ameaça Crescente, Vol. II — Lathenil de Solaria
- Um Conto Conciso da Grande Guerra entre o Império e o Domínio Aldmeri — Legado Justianus Quintius