Dragonborn:Black Book: Untold Legends (quest)
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Read the Black Book Untold Legends in Benkongerike Great Hall.
- Make your way through Apocrypha.
- Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- Choose your reward.
There are five chapters, Chapter I is basically a corridor that leads to chapter II it contains no enemies and only three of soul gems in the way of loot. Chapter II has exits to both chapter III and chapter IV, enabling you to bypass chapter III if you wish. There is a leveled lurker to battle before reaching either exit. Chapter III contains a seeker, a spell tome and a container of loot. Chapter IV contains the most loot including four stealth based skill books, two soul gems and four containers of loot as well as three seekers to battle. Chapter five again is purely a corridor leading to the Black Book: Untold Legends.
- Bardic Knowledge — Summons a spectral drum that plays for you, increasing stamina regeneration for you and nearby allies for 300 secs.
- Black Market — Summons a Dremora merchant to trade with you for 15 secs.
- Secret Servant — Summons a Dremora butler to carry your excess items for 15 secs. (Max carry weight 148)
One achievement is related to this quest:
- There is a table in chapter IV that has the four skill books The Gold Ribbon of Merit, Advances in Lockpicking, Beggar, and The Rear Guard, which train archery, lockpicking, pickpocket and light armor, respectively.
- Chapter V has two configurations, one is straight to the reward book while sometimes the hallway curves towards either the left or the right to a Lurker Guardian. This is why you may see Scryes that are apparently not accessible in this part of Apocrypha.
- You can change the reward at any time by traveling to Solstheim and re-reading the book. This will transport you to Apocrypha near the reward location and you can select a different one.
- Sometimes after defeating a Lurker Guardian in Chapter V, the nearby door will open and then shut before you have a chance to pass through. The only way to get around this is to use the 'tcl' console command.
|Black Book: Untold Legends (DLC2BlackBook03Quest)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||I read the Black Book called "Untold Legends", and found myself in Hermaeus Mora's realm of Apocrypha. I should uncover the knowledge hidden here, or read the book again to escape.
Objective 10: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge
|20||Finishes quest||I uncovered the hidden knowledge contained in the Black Book "Untold Legends".|