- Talk to a questgiver of the Thieves Guild
- Head to the town which was mentioned to you.
- Meet your contact there and give him the weapon.
- Return with the loot the contact gave you to the questgiver.
- Give the loot to your questgiver and collect your sparse reward.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
Awright, (player's first name), this is a simple sort of assignment. One you should have no trouble with. All you gotta do is bring this (weapon) over to our agent in (town), get (his) payment for it, and bring it back. Think you can handle that, (player's first name)?
Questgiver goes on:
Okay then, your contact is a (contact's description), about what you'd expect. Supposed to be hanging around a nook they call (building) in (town). Now, (contact's name) has picked up some loot out there in (town) and wants you to bring it back to us. If you think you can handle all that, we'll expect you back here in (time limit) days with no excuses. Allright then. Go.
No? How much more simple you want yer assignment to be? Stand still while I slap you with eels? And that might not be such a bad idea! (exclamation), what a waste.
Travel to the town the questgiver mentioned to you. You might encounter some guards on your way towards your destination. They will want the weapon from you, if you hand it over, you will fail the quest naturally. After you arrived at you destination, meet your contact in the building you were told. He will greet you by saying:
Well done, (player's first name). I couldn't have made it here as easily carrying that (weapon). Here's a sample of what I've stolen so far ... a (gem). Bring it back to (questgiver's name) and let (him) know I'm fine. Thanks again, (player's first name). See you later.
Give him the weapon and he will give you his loot in return. Bring the gem back to the questgiver to collect your sparse reward.
When giving the loot to the questgiver he will be pleased and say:
Oh, that's a nice (gem). (contact's name) gave you that? (exclamation), (he) must be doing okay out in (town). Good going, (player's first name). Here's (random gold) gold for your trouble.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
If you do not bring the weapon to your contact in time, meaning you keep it for yourself, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
If you give the weapon to the guards, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables)
If you don't bring the gem back to the questgiver in time, you will lose reputation according to the table above.
- 4x One Spellsword every one hundred seventy-nine in-game minutes (5% chance) until you have handed over or delivered the weapon
- 4x Two Thieves One every one hundred sixty-three in-game minutes (5% chance) until you have handed over or delivered the weapon
- 4x One Warrior every one hundred fifty in-game minutes (5% chance) until you have handed over or delivered the weapon
- In case you keep the weapon or the gem, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as it is usual the case for quest items.