- One of the "Old Holds," Eastmarch was among the first regions of Skyrim settled by the Nords when they arrived from Atmora. Its capital, Windhelm, is the oldest continuously inhabited human settlement in Tamriel, and was founded by Ysgramor himself.
Eastmarch is the easternmost hold in Skyrim. Its capital is Windhelm, the home of Jorunn the Skald-King, High King of Skyrim, and leader of the Ebonheart Pact. Eastmarch stretches from the frozen wastes in northeastern Skyrim, to the volcanic tundras east of the Throat of the World.
Despite its size and importance, Eastmarch has only one sizable city, Windhelm. Windhelm sits at the mouth of the White River, which drains into the Sea of Ghosts. The port at Windhelm provides a vital link to other cities for trade, and there is also a small fishing fleet in operation. The Velothi Mountains to the east and southeast provide a physical border with Morrowind. The mountains are virtually impassable, and so the Dunmeth Pass at their northern tip provides a valuable land-link between the provinces.
Visitors to the region should take precaution when venturing towards the hot springs or into the wilderness. Many wild creatures can be encountered, notably among them frost trolls, the hardier cousin of the troll, and mammoths. Though mammoths appear docile, take care when approaching them as they are usually accompanied by giants, who may perceive you as a threat and attempt to scare you off.
- Windhelm — A city in northern Eastmarch.
- Cradlecrush — A fort in western Eastmarch, north of Fort Amol.
- Cragwallow — A small town in eastern Eastmarch, south-southeast of Windhelm.
- Fort Amol — A fort in southwestern Eastmarch.
- Fort Morvunskar — A fort in northwestern Eastmarch, southwest of Windhelm.
- Jorunn's Stand — A camp in eastern Eastmarch, north of the Rift gate.
- Lower Yorgrim — A small town in northeastern Eastmarch, east of Windhelm.
- Mistwatch — A ruin in southern Eastmarch.
- Thulvald's Logging Camp — A camp in eastern Eastmarch, east of Wittestadr.
- Voljar's Meadery — A meadery in northern Eastmarch, west of Windhelm.
- Wittestadr — A small town in central Eastmarch, south of Windhelm.
Groves and Marshes
Caves, Ruins and Mines
- Lost Knife Cave — A mine in southwestern Eastmarch, west of Fort Amol.
- Mzulft — A Dwemer ruin in eastern Eastmarch, east of Cragwallow.
- Skuldafn — A Nordic ruin on a high mountain east of Eastmarch.
Battlefields, Cemeteries and Crypts
- Bonestrewn Crest — A crypt in central Eastmarch.
- The Bastard's Tomb — A tomb in southeastern Eastmarch, north-northeast of the Rift gate.
- The Chill Hollow — A cave in northeastern Eastmarch, east of Windhelm.
- Direfrost Keep — A group dungeon found in Eastmarch.
- The Frigid Grotto — A cave in southwestern Eastmarch, northwest of Fort Amol.
- Hall of the Dead — A tomb in Windhelm.
- Icehammer's Vault — A ruin in eastern Eastmarch, north of Cragwallow.
- Old Sord's Cave — A cave in southern Eastmarch, south of Wittestadr.
- Stormcrag Crypt — A tomb in southeastern Eastmarch, south of Jorunn's Stand.
- Ammabani's Pride — A place in Eastmarch.
- Dragon Mound — A place in Eastmarch.
- Dragon's Hallow — A dragon mound in Eastmarch.
- Rageclaw's Den — A clearing in Eastmarch.
- Ratmaster's Prowl — A place in Eastmarch.
- Swiftblade's Camp — A camp in Eastmarch.
- Frostwater Tundra Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Fort Amol in southwestern Eastmarch.
- Giant's Run Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northwest of Fort Morvunskar in northwestern Eastmarch.
- Icewind Peaks Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northwest of The Rift gate in southeastern Eastmarch.
- 20x20px The Ritual — A Mundus Stone found in Malabal Tor, Alik'r Desert, Eastmarch, and Cyrodiil.
- The Thief — A Mundus Stone found in Malabal Tor, Alik'r Desert, Eastmarch, and Cyrodiil.
- The Warrior — A Mundus Stone found in Malabal Tor, Alik'r Desert, Eastmarch, and Cyrodiil.
Points of Interest
- 20x20px Bitterblade's Camp — A camp located southeast of Mzulft in eastern Eastmarch.
- 20x20px Cragwallow Cave — A cave located east of Cragwallow in eastern Eastmarch.
- Crimson Kada's Crafting Cavern — A cave in southwestern Eastmarch, northeast of Fort Amol.
- Darkwater Crossing — A small Argonian settlement east of Fort Amol in southern Eastmarch.
- 20x20px Giant's Heart — A camp southeast of Windhelm in northern Eastmarch.
- Hammerhome — A ruin in southeastern Eastmarch, northeast of the Rift gate.
- 20x20px Hermit's Hideout — A shack northwest of Mistwatch in southern Eastmarch.
- 20x20px Ragnthar — A Dwemer ruin that exists outside the physical reality of Nirn.
- 20x20px Thane Jeggi's Drinking Hole — A small camp located on the river east of Cradlecrush in western Eastmarch.
- Tinkerer Tobin's Workshop — A shop in central Eastmarch, south of Kynesgrove.
- Cradlecrush Wayshrine — Located northwest of Cradlecrush.
- Fort Amol Wayshrine — Located northeast of Fort Amol.
- Fort Morvunskar Wayshrine — Located south of Fort Morvunskar.
- Jorunn's Stand Wayshrine — Located south of Jorunn's Stand.
- Kynesgrove Wayshrine — Located northwest of Kynesgrove.
- Logging Camp Wayshrine — Located south of Thulvald's Logging Camp.
- Mistwatch Wayshrine — Located just northeast of Mistwatch.
- Skuldafn Wayshrine — Located northwest of Skuldafn.
- Voljar Meadery Wayshrine — Located south of Voljar's Meadery.
- Windhelm Wayshrine — Located in central Windhelm.
- Wittestadr Wayshrine — Located west-southwest of Wittestadr.
Ebonheart Pact Story Quests
- Swamp to Snow: Escort the Vicecanon and the Mnemic Egg to Windhelm.
- Shadows Over Windhelm: Investigate the reappearance of a Nord clan.
- The Konunleikar: Represent Windhelm in the Footrace of the Nine Holds.
- Windhelm's Champion: Find the assassins.
- One Victor, One King: Stop assassins from killing the Skald-King.
- Sounds of Alarm: Find out what is happening at Fort Morvunskar.
- Blindsided: Help rescue captured Pact soldiers.
- Sleep for the Dead: Return ancient relics to their rightful place.
- Victory at Morvunskar: Let the royal guard know about your victory.
- Sleeping on the Job: Help locate a missing royal guardsman.
- The Pride of a Prince: Convince the Nords, Dunmer and Argonians to act on your information.
- The War Council: Stop the Stormfists infiltrating the king's court.
- Lifeline: Search the Frostwater Tundra for the components for the Ternion's ritual.
- Our Poor Town: Help save an Argonian who was injured in a troll attack.
- A Right to Live: Make a cure for vampirism for a young Argonian.
- The Better of Two Evils: Choose to aid either Valeric's coven or Majorn's bloodfiends.
- Eternal Slumber: Help the Dreamwalker and the Ternion monks save the sleeping king.
- Gods Save the King: Rescue the king from his nightmares.
- Of Councils and Kings: Report to Jorunn's Stand.
- Making Amends: Help the prince make amends for his behavior.
- A Council of Thanes: Convince the thanes of Eastmarch to attend the war council.
- Sneak Peak: Locate a secret pass into the Icewind Peaks.
- Snow and Flame: Cause enough chaos at Skuldafn to keep the Stormfist Brigade occupied.
- Songs of Sovngarde: Enter Sovngarde and stop Fildgor's plot.
Giant's Run Side Quests
- A Brother's Revenge: Defeat the leader of the Stormfists who attacked the meadery.
- Collector of Pelts: Collect wolf pelts to be made into blankets.
- A Cure For Droi: Find a sacred plant to help cure a cursed Nord.
- Dear Cousins: Bring news of a cousin's death.
- For Kyne's Honor: Defeat the Muzzled Owl witches who have forsaken Kyne.
- A Friend in Mead: Clear the Stormfists out of the meadery.
- Giant Problems: Drive the rampaging giants out of Lower Yorgrim.
- Lost Crown: Help a disgraced court mage by banishing an ancient necromancer.
- Nature's Accord: Find the Sigil of Nature's Accord and keep it away from the Stormfist Clan.
- On a Dare: Rescue drunken festivalgoers from the Windhelm catacombs.
- Party Planning: Help plan the Konunleikar celebration ceremony.
- Shrine of Corruption: Find out what happened to the Keepers of Kynesgrove.
- The Siege of Cradlecrush: Disrupt the Stormfist operations, and defeat the Orc warlord and his followers.
- Strange Allies: Ally with the giants to collect intel about the Stormfist clan.
Frostwater Tundra Side Quests
- Alchemical Analysis: Deliver a mysterious metal ore to an alchemist.
- Bath Time: Recover some bath salts for bathers in the hot springs.
- Best of the Best: Participate in a rabbit hunting contest.
- Dark Deeds: Investigate the emergence of draugr from Bonestrewn Barrow.
- Do Kill the Messenger: Intercept a Stormfist courier taking a message to the Orcthane.
- Labor Dispute: Help liberate Lost Knife Mine from the Stormfist Clan.
- Mystery Metal: Recover a magical ore sample from the depths of a mine.
- Pilfered Urn: Return a valuable burial urn to its owner.
Icewind Peaks Side Quests
- A Dying Wish: Recover a dying man's stolen weapons.
- In Search of Kireth Vanos: Help the Vanos siblings explore Mzulft.
- Kireth's Amazing Plan: Help the Vanos siblings acquire some lost lore to present to the Mages Guild.
- Land Dispute: Find out why the forest spirits are attacking a logging camp.
- Merriment and Mystery: Join in a celebration with the Eastmarch royal workers.
- Relative Matters: Rescue a captive Nord from the Stormfists.
- Security Details: Help the sentry captain ensure the walls of Jorunn's Stand are secure.
- Torn Asunder: Recover the earthly remains of a spirit's three daughters.
- Direfrost Keep Pledge: Explore Direfrost Keep and return Undaunted.
- Nobles' Rest: Release an ancient fortress from the grasp of a witch.
- Although it uses the map of Eastmarch, Fulstrom Homestead is not located within the zone proper and is instead listed here.
|Nestled beside Morvunskar's royal tomb.||Beside exit to the tomb.|
|Giants despoil the village below.||Southeast of Lower Yogrim, South of Giant's Heart.|
|Leave the hollow to cure the chill.||Northwest of Chill Hollow, side of rocks.|
|Strewn between tusks near the barrow.||Bonestrewn Barrow, Southwest of entrance.|
|Beside a bridge to Amol.||Below the bridge to Amol.|
|Lost in ruins beyond the grotto.||West of Lost Knife Cave outside of building.|
|Mzulft's secrets are not all underground.||Above Mzukft, right of the entrance.|
|Attempting to spy on Aelif.||Behind rocks at the Pact camp.|
|Stashed near a farm in icy winds.||Behind Seeks-White-Birds House.|
|An illegitimate child's reading material.||Bastard's Tomb, room left of entrance bottom floor.|
|Search the slipperiest places in the hollow.||The chill hollow, bottom ice room in the corner with wispmother & wisps.|
|Three eyes gleam, a frigid prize.||The frigid grotto, room right of entrance with Bears & Skeevers.|
|Crashed from the sky to open the vault.||Icehammer's Vault, small room on top left in water with wolves.|
|Old Sord excelled at hide-and-seek.||Old Sord's Cave, Big room on bottom.|
|Among the dead, sheltered from storms.||Stormcrag Cryspt, Square room to the left, bottom floor.|
|Near a throne in the Hall of the Dead.||Hall of the Dead, Group, Middle chamber atop rocks.|
|This Online-related article is a stub. You can help by .|