In the dangerous world of Arena, armor is essential to keeping your character safe. Your character's class will determine what types of armor can be equipped. Armor can be acquired at equipment stores and may be found as treasure. Each part of your character's body is protected by a different piece of armor:
- Helmets protect the head.
- Right pauldrons protect the right shoulder and upper arm.
- Left pauldrons protect the left shoulder and upper arm.
- Cuirasses protect the chest and back.
- Gauntlets protect the hands.
- Greaves protect the waist and upper legs.
- Boots protect the lower legs and feet.
Each piece of armor is available in three major types: leather, chain, and plate. Plate armor pieces are the only type of armor that can be made from different metals. Note that the numbers for armor rating show the amount of damage reduced, so a piece of armor with a -6 effect on armor rating provies more protection than a piece with a -3 armor rating.
|Material Type||Effect on Armor Rating|
Only plate armor and weapons can be made up of various metals, but these in turn affect their protection ability.
|Metal Type||Effect on Armor Rating|
All Armor by Type
The following sections provide an exhaustive listing of each piece of armor in the game by type, including its material, effects, cost, and location.
- Artifacts — A list of special magical items, including unique armor.